Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

And a happy day it was! A happy weekend, in fact, but I need to do a whole post on Saturday, so I'll get back to that.  This is my handsome hubby proudly holding his Father's Day gift - a coffee mug I had made for him that says "Daddy's Girl" on one side and has her picture on the other. Such a silly little thing, but I thought he'd like it. You should have seen his face light up when he saw his favorite pic of Ruby on it. So sweet!
I got him a cute Mommy to Daddy card too that said all the things I love about him then I had to hand write how much I think he'll be an incredible Daddy. Funny, I couldn't find a single card for the Daddy-to-be...so I improvised a little. 

We started out the day with coffee here, then hopped in the car and drove to Harrisburg to see our Dad's. We had a the biggest, best breakfast EVER with my Dad and Lynn. I wish I would have remembered to take a picture at brunch cause we had so much food on the table you'd sware there were 10 of us eating there! We had a real nice time, ate entirely too much, then headed back to Dad's for a couple hours to talk and hang out.
Me & Dad.

Next we headed over to the Jeff's parents to hang with them. Then Jeff, his Dad, Mom, our nephew, Dailan, and I all went out to dinner.

Here's the whole lot of us after a big pasta dinner. I think I will be doing OT on the treadmill this week! It was a fun day, though. Great to see our families and a wonderful weekend altogether.

Wishing all the Dad's out there a very Happy Father's Day!


7 comments:

Sharon said...

Just lovely Jen! What a great gift!

Sharon said...

Just lovely Jen! What a great gift!

Jessica said...

Happy (late) Father's Day to Jeff. Cute idea on the mug.

Kam said...

LOVE that mug! And his smile says it all! Won't be long now! And what a great day you all must have had! So fun to see and imagine! Memories and specials days with family...the stuff of life! :D

Ellie said...

Jeff is going to be (already is) an amazing Daddy!!! I can't wait to see a pic of him holding his little girl for the first time! What a moment that will be! Won't be long now! Happy Father's Day, Jeff!!

Megan said...

What a great gift idea! Sounds like a great time was had by all. And just think about how exciting next Fathers DAy will be!! I can hardly sit still in excitement for you guys!!

Mireille said...

This is just the beginning, wait till next year, it will be even cuter!! The smile, the proud papa, the gifts and the most precious of all... the beautiful princess herself in his arms!!