Friday, August 21, 2009

Weekly Inspiration

"When you are down, the best thing you can do is help someone else"
This was quoted by a friend I had the great pleasure of talking to last night. So true! She was telling me this in reference to someone else she had spoken to, but it rang true for me just the same. I had just been thinking that all day yesterday. I found my charity for the CD and noticed what a spring I had in my step! When I first started looking into it, I found that many charities here in the US have big legal departments, finance departments, and boards of directors that you have to pass through in order to actually give them money in this way and put their name on your CD. It had never occurred to me that someone wouldn't want to be associated with an unknown, independent artist. LOL. Well, I was disappointed, but still determined to find someone that would.

I wrote a letter to a charity very near and dear to my heart...Mercy Centre located in Bangkok. They wrote me back right away (yesterday morning). They said they liked my music and were happy for me to do it! So we are off to a great start! I know who is getting the money now and have a good clear cut goal in mind. There's nothing like seeing pictures and videos of those children (and hearing their stories) to motivate you to sell a zillion CD's! We are going to visit them when we get to Thailand and of course deliver some CD's to the orphanages. I'm so happy to be doing this and it's funny how helping someone else makes you forget all your troubles and puts things into perspective.

I don't have problems. Not really. Sure life is stressful and it is hard to wait for our child, but there are many families who have waited so much longer. We know she WILL be coming home and she WILL be safe and protected until we get there. She is not sick, not starving, not destitute like so many children out there. I am thanking my lucky stars for Ruby, for her health and all we have in our life. 

I posted about Mercy Centre on the new blog http://butterflymoonmusic.blogspot.com
and you can also go to their website www.mercycentre.org to learn more. Wishing you all a happy weekend!
Jen (aka Maci Miller!)

2 comments:

Ellie said...

Such a wonderful charity! You are inspirational, as is your music! Can't wait to purchase your CD!!

Chris and Terri said...

That's great news! I'm very excited for you guys! You are right - the wait is definitely easier for me knowing that M is being well cared for.

And we are fine - sure we want a picture of our little girl that isn't 5 months old but still it will come.