Thursday, April 5, 2012

Dresses for Ruby

I think she likes it! This was the 1st one I made. Paired it with some funky leggings for a full mermaid look.
It was a gorgeous day with our magnolia tree in full bloom.
Rubes was pretty crazy for all the pretty pink petals on the ground.
My girls. My sweet Rubes and my sweet dog. Both loving the outdoors.
Love that she loves animals. She told me last week "maybe I'll be an animal doctor when I get big". I told her that was a good idea as she is great with animals. I also wanted to tell her she will surely make a FORTUNE, but I didn't. hee hee. Of course, she also wants to be the Easter Bunny & Santa Claus when she grows up. :-)
Had fun with all the ruffles on this one, but it's a tiny bit small. May end up being a top to go over her leggings.

Having fun making all these things for my Ruby!


2 comments:

Mireille said...

Wow, I am deeply impressed with your sewing skills... did you do that before?? Or is this a new hobby??

Maci Miller said...

Thanks, Mirielle! These dresses were easy because the top part was already part of the fabric. The ruffles took some time, but otherwise, easy. I sewed a little bit when I was young with my Grandmother, but I am pretty much re-learning now. Having fun!