Thursday, July 17, 2008

Grandma Donna



My Mom is the sweetest thing. I was feeling under the weather and left her a message explaining that is why I didn't call her back sooner. Well, the next morning she called to say she had taken off work, packed her bags, and was coming down to "take care of her baby". Baby. Yea, she meant me. Even though I told her I was just fine she insisted on coming down and being by my side. In an instant it took me back to all the MANY times she was by my side as a child. For every bump and bruise and cold and flu. For hurt feelings and growing pains - for everything -she was there. She taught me to believe in myself and made me the person I am. And now here I am at almost (choke) 40 and she is still by my side. I'm pretty lucky and our little girl is going to be, too. My Mom is SO excited about her new Grandaughter. She loves her already. We spent the whole day talking and looking through the baby's things and catching up. It was the best "sick day" I've ever had. (I am fine BTW). Thanks, Mom! Love You!

The above pics are her reaction to seeing the baby's pics and video for the first time. Priceless!

No comments: