Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I LOVE ENFAMIL!!!

Wow. The power of positive thinking. The power of a good deed. There are really great people out there and one of them works for Enfamil. I found out from our agency that while we can't send anything to the orphanage for our baby until it's official, we CAN send things for the orphanage itself. I asked her what they really needed the most and she said disposable diapers (uggh), formula, bottles, toothbrushes, baby toothpaste, crib sheets. Okay, I think, I can make this happen. I can get everything they need and not only will our child benefit from it, but so will all the other littles ones in the orphanage. I've been giddy all day just brainstorming on how best to do it. Formula seems to me to be of the most importance so I researched which is the best, the cost, and who makes a product with a corporate office actually IN Thailand. I even found out what retailers sell the product in the region where the baby is from. I was thinking I could buy it via credit card from HERE, but have it shipped from THERE. That way the money I save on shipping could go to twice as much formula & supplies and will take half the time. Haven't had much luck with that so far. The post office said a 20lb box (I just approximated) would cost $113 to ship to there. Whew! I'm not being cheap here, but really? There's GOT to be another way.
Undeterred, I called Enfamil direct and asked if I could buy the product & have them ship from their Thailand distributor. I talked to the nicest rep for about a half hour. She wasn't able to send it to Thailand or FROM Thailand, but did give me clarification on the different formulas, which are available over there, and the weight of a case of their powdered formula. It's much less than I thought - 11.98 lbs for a case of the big 25.7 oz. cans. Expensive, yes. But doable to give those kids good nutrition...absolutely! So we are just about to hang up and she asks about the adoption and says because I want to do something so nice they would like to send me a free CASE! Can you believe it? I got all teary eyed and thanked her like a hundred times. God works in wonderful and mysterious ways! I am going to buy at least one more case to match their generous donation and ship them both to Thailand along with some bottles and toothbrushes and other small things. Another idea I got from a nice woman at the post office is to send the formula over with any volunteers/teachers/missionaries that may be traveling to Thailand. I am checking into that and have some calls out. Think how much I could send then! If you live in the US (especially in PA) and can take a few cans to southern Thailand PLEASE email me. In the meantime I will be making calls and pushing Enfamil on every new mom I know! What a GREAT company! BUY ENFAMIL!

No comments: