Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Thank God for Friends!


Sherry, Me, Kimi, Tammy, & Elizabeth
Kimi, Tammy, & Sherry looking at Ruby's pictures.

Been riding the roller coaster of emotions lately. Reading a pretty heavy book on attachment which is feeding those emotions. It's a very good, informative book (Becoming a Family by Lark Eshleman, PhD) and I'm learning some good tips, but I am also not sleeping so well. I so ache to hold my daughter and let her know I am here and she will never be without a mother again. That it will be okay and we will work through any fears or issues she has. That we will be there for her through thick and thin and love her with all our hearts! In general, I try to stay upbeat and positive about the whole thing. I know we will bring her home when it is meant to be. But sometimes -try as I might - the feelings just take me over. The busy work and distractions help, but my thoughts are never far from that beautiful little girl in Thailand that stole my heart. When will I see her? Hold her? Is she walking yet? Talking? Some days it's just so hard to not know.

Anyway, I REALLY needed a little pick-me-up this week. Thank God for my friends! Took a train up to NYC today to have lunch with four of my very best friends. We've shared so much over the years. Sometimes it is a great effort to get all of us in the city at the same time as schedules are crazy and involve kids, work, travel, and a few of us in different locations. Still, we are all always glad we made the effort. It was such a beautiful sunny day and we caught up over a nice leisurely 3 hour lunch at Bryant Park. Really a perfect afternoon with some wonderful friends. Thanks, girls! I really needed that! Had a great lunch with Kimi last week, too, and a fun, nice long lunch with my dear friend Susan the week before. We had dinner with our great friends Charlsey & John for her birthday a couple weeks ago, too. I feel so lucky to have such good friends and more time lately to see everyone!


No comments: