Friday, September 26, 2008

Baby Gifts!






I just got the cutest gift this week from a friend of mine and couldn't resist posting. It's a little rolling suitcase with a pink puppy that is all fuzzy and soft. In a word: ADORABLE! Ruby is ready for travel! Thanks, Jenn!
But I couldn't mention this gift without mentioning all of the thoughtful gifts our Ruby has received already. A few of them pictured above. The first gift we got was a really cute little dress from my friend, Sonia. So sweet with big daisies on it! Sonia also sent a cute sundress, a few tees, and a black velvet beret, too! Thanks, Soni! My friend Angie sent me the sweetest little tooth fairy box and art books for kids this summer. So thoughtful!
We received 2 fantastic books from Sandra Boyton and the softest teddy bear ever from my "Cuz" (and Godmother) Lauren & her hubby (Godfather) Chris. Then a HUGE unexpected gift bag from my brother, Jason and Melissa. They bought her 2 super-cute outfits complete with matching hats. (I love hats!) The red ensemble is my FAVORITE! Also in the bag were 2 sweet Mommy/Daddy Kisses books, and this cute pink star registry bear. We can actually go online and name a star after our precious angel! How cool is that? You guys are just awesome! My Dad's fiance' Lynn surprised me at the family picnic with the most beautiful dress I have ever seen. (1st picture). It's all pink and flowery and girlie...I LOVE IT! Even has a petticoat for complete twirling girlie-ness!
All the gifts and thoughts and prayers mean so much to us. Sure hope I haven't forgotten anyone already. Between all these nice gifts and the many things purchased by yours truly, her closet is getting pretty full! Heck, I even bought a potty. Pink, of course! And then there's the 2 feet tall Dora the Explorer I carry around the house in my sling (with weights). Tried the dog, but she won't stay in there for long. Yea, your laughing now, but you won't see me putting my new daughter down because of a back ache! No sir! No time for injury or even sore muscles. We have dolls to play with, tea parties to throw, play kitchen stuff to "bake" and all sorts of adventures!
Fun, fun, girlish fun! We are going to have lots more of it when our beautiful Ruby Kate comes home!

1 comment:

Carey and Norman said...

The red with matching hat was my favorite even though I loved them all. I look forward to seeing them again when Ruby is wearing them!

Hope you are doing well.