Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Trying to Forget

...that our daughter is exactly 23 months old today.
...that the board meeting was yesterday in Thailand.

I am still feeling okay today, but those thoughts do pop into my head every now and again. 

I'm very happy with my gift that went out to Wacap today! I've been daydreaming all day of her little face lighting up when she sees the bright colored bear and maybe a sweet smile forming on that precious little face. I think of her looking curiously at the bear and caregiver, maybe when she hears the Happy Birthday song in some strange language she has rarely, but occasionally, heard. And I wonder her reaction to my saying Mom & Dad love her in the language she does recognize. It's exciting to know that I (for the first time) may be making my daughter smile! And maybe she will even giggle when she hears me giggle! That does good for my heart to think about and makes me stop thinking about the stuff I can't control.

SOMETHING WONDERFUL IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN!

5 comments:

Ellie said...

Something wonderful IS about to happen!!!! :)

Chris and Terri said...

You are a blogging queen!!! I'm reading just no time to comment. I hear you on trying to forget. I am praying for us both this March 11th. Even though I know the meeting is over, I have no idea what happened in it or when we'll find out so I just keep praying.

Mireille said...

I agree with Ellie!! And you are a great blogger, so well how you put your feelings on paper. I can feel your emotions!!

Carey and Norman said...

I agree that something special is about to happen. Thoughts of Miss Ruby smiling makes my heart happy too!

Anonymous said...

I am with you, something great is about to happen. it may already be happening and we just don't know it yet. praying sweet Ruby has all she needs today.


xoxo