Thursday, April 16, 2009

Baby's Got Rhythm!

Well, what an amazing few weeks it has been. Updates, pics, the whole family celebrating her life, and now today we got the video that Mary from Wacap took while visiting the orphanage. She did such a great job. The video is over 6 minutes long!  In a word: AMAZING!

While I thought she looked sad and pensive in the photos, she actually was smiling and having fun in the video. Must have just caught her in the beginning when she didn't know what was going on with all the people there. It was rather noisy and in the first minute or so you can see her just looking around taking it all in. She is definitely the strong, silent type or perhaps a bit shy. She is just the most perfect little thing we have ever laid eyes on and our love grows stronger for her every day! 

She seemed interested in her little bear, but more for the shiny, twirly hot pink ribbon than the bear itself. When she started playing with it I thought, you go for that ribbon girlie-girl! Lots of those waiting at home for you! She seems real comfortable with one of the nannies and you can see the nanny really loves her too. She is stroking her head and holding her hands. So beautiful for us to see! At the end of the video they are showing her our photo (attached to bear) and saying Paw and Mae. The nanny squeezes the bear paw and I can hear myself speaking in Thai loud and clear! I guess I recorded it louder than I thought. Not sure if she heard or not as she is interested in the photo at this point. She pulls it closer for a look then decides the paper itself is really just so interesting that she must flip it around and feel it and open and close it. Too cute. She may not get who we are yet, but she sure will soon!

Not only does she look oh so sweet and such an angel for the nannies as they measure her head and chest and then sit her next to her bear, but other little bits of her personality came out, too. For one she seems to love balls to which her Daddy replied "See, I told you she was gonna like sports!" :-) Then for Mom she pulled out all the stops and claps, taps her feet around, and plays first one and then two tamborines! She is shaking them around and quite pleased with herself!  Clearly, she hears them cause two seemed much more fun than one! It is taking all my restraint to not run out and buy a bunch of balls and a percussion set. LOL. Gotta save something for that first trip to Toys R Us!

For now, one happy Mommy & Daddy are reveling in the beautiful child that will soon light up our every day. We are gonna be one dancing, singing, percussion playing, ball playing family!

5 comments:

Ellie said...

So Sweet!!! I'm still on cloud 9!! Video footage is such an amazing gift! I'm with you, our photos looked SOO sad! I know it was just b/c it was in the first few seconds of seeing these strangers. It's visible in the video. Anyway, I'm so glad to see our girls are doing wonderfully!!!
Hugs!

Sharon said...

Just beautiful Jen! I wish I could be there with you looking at that video and celebrating in your happiness!

Jessica said...

Ohh, how happy. What a treasure. Glad you have her movt's and expressions captured in video. Don't wear it out watching it!

Megan said...

So incredibly excited for you! Seeing her little arms and body in a previous pic is such a tease! Can't wait to see her. I am glad you got such wonderful news and I look forward to seeing her with those instruments and you!

Love, Megan

wide open spaces said...

I my goodness. How i wish you could post that video - how I can't wait to see her!! what a gift.