Saturday, June 13, 2009

A Little Update!

Got an email from Kate at Wacap today in response to my email asking her if she heard anything after last week's board meeting. I know it's too soon, of course, but Kate for some reason seemed to think there was a possibility we'd get presented at this one or the next so I thought I'd ask. Turns out she just got an email last night from our social worker saying she received our child acceptance letter and will present us at the CAB (Child Adoption Board) soon. SOON! 

Okay, I know. Before I get all excited I need to remember that "soon" is a relative term here. Especially in the world of international adoption. It could mean next month...or 2 months from now. BUT it could possibly - just maybe - mean the next board meeting on the 17th! I am kinda excited about that possibility! Guess we'll have to wait and see. Fingers crossed!!

5 comments:

Ellie said...

THAT would be an amazing thing for your sweet family!! I sure hope she does present you at the next meeting!!!! Hold on, Ruby Kate! Mommy and Daddy are coming for you!

Donna said...

This is wonderful news kids, I am like you..soon takes on a whole new meaning when it comes to our little Ruby..Prayers are with you both.. Love you, Mom

Kam said...

OMGosh!!!! My fingers are crossed right along with yours! That's amazing, Jen! I sure hope ours is coming up soon. Nerves like jelly around here.

WooHoo for you!!!!

I just ordered the Thai kids pictionary book and a map of BKK that Megan said was a must have. But maybe not for you...bet you're a pro at BKK!!

Can't wait to hear good news! They are coming home soon!
Love and hugs!

Jessica said...

Here's hoping for soon with a great big, capital "S."

Mireille said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the 17th as well!!