Wednesday, June 17, 2009

NEWS FROM THAILAND!

Jeff had a gut feeling about this. My gut gets all mixed with my head so I decided to go work in the garden awhile to try to stop thinking about it. I couldn't get the board meeting off my mind all day yesterday. 

I was half way through the second flower bed when Jeff comes out and says "We got an email!" I could see the look on his face. He was really excited about something. I wrote Kate this morning asking how long after a board meeting does she usually hear something. I never really expected to hear news TODAY. So I look at Jeff. I was like NO, really? From Kate? REALLY?? Now mind you I am all grubby from weeding and he is clean with a white shirt on. He comes running over to hug me anyway. He said, "Yep! I just knew it! We are going to have her by my birthday!" Jeff's birthday is on September 11th and he has been saying that for a month now. His instincts are usually dead on.

The email Kate received from our social worker said she proposed our case to the CAB and we will get more news in July. Kate thinks that means our final approval and To Whom letter and then soon after travel dates. She thinks it is likely we will travel in August! Daddy's birthday wish is gonna come true! And mine, also!


Two more months, baby! Just two more months!




11 comments:

Kam said...

ok, i've been scouring your blog all day! i emailed kate with the exact same question hours ago!!! i haven't heard back...guess that may be bad news. but man oh man, jen!!!!!!!!!

wooooohooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

holla!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yipppppeeeee!!!!!!!!

so, so happy for you! wow! what a turn around! i wish i had your phone number, i'd call and say
"i love ya friend! it's happening for you!!!!!"

hugs and love and more hugs from ga!
kam

dawn said...

YEEHAWWW. I think I might be the only Brit in the world to actually use that expression. So very happy for you.

Megan said...

What wonderful news Jen! It is so great to hear from Kate isn't it?! Nuanthip is awesome as well! Hope you hear more soon! I can't wait to see you travel call post. Not much longer now!!

Hugs~

excitedtobeafamily said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you both! Awesome!

Ellie said...

Jen!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! You're GONNA GET HER SOOONNN!!! So happy for you! That time's gonna fly by!
Sending big hugs!!
Love ya,
ellie

Anonymous said...

That is such wonderful news. I am so happy for you two. What a great father's day gift. Congratulations.

rosemary said...

SO EXCITED FOR YOU!! By the way, Brian's birthday is September 11th too so that's a funny little coincidence.

Wyndee said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessica said...

Jen, We've been out of town, so I'm just now catching up. So many good things to come back and find out about. Hurray, hurray, hurray!

Chris and Terri said...

Wow - that's such great news! It's always good to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I haven't decided if it makes time go faster or slower but at least you KNOW something!

Mireille said...

Those 2 months will fly by and before you know it she is in your arms!!