Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Oh Happy Day!

I know. Another post? My 3rd in 2 days! But we got another email from Thailand! This time from the mom, Sherri, that visited the orphanage with Anna. She said she couldn't write until now cause she didn't have a computer until they got to Bangkok. Anyway, she went into detail about her visit that day. They spent 45 minutes playing with the girls! How incredible is that? She said she took a lot more pics of both girls...by themselves, together, and with their room mates. Also with her kids holding them and playing with them. So much for not crying today cause that just melted me! We won't get to see them till she is home from her trip early August. Too difficult to download them all. I will be all excited for 2 weeks while we wait, but I am just so happy to know there are more glimpses into our little girls world!

Of course, with every update I have more questions. How was she? How were her responses? Was she happy? Did she like her bear? Play with it? How did she respond to me saying "we love you" in Thai? Did the kids interact a lot and well together? How were the nannies? I will probably have to wait till she gets back for the answers, but it is so great that I can talk to someone who has just been there and spent so much time with her! She said Anna took Ruby the dress she has on in the pic - how sweet of her! - and it was a size 1. She said the kids waists are tiny, tiny and I am wondering about the 12 month clothes I already gave away. Oh, well. If you twist my arm I will go shopping again. :-) But this time I will wait till we go to Thailand!

I honestly don't know how I would have survived this journey without updates. This is what has been holding me together. I am more determined than ever to seek out parents adopting from Nakhon Si Thammarat and look in on their children and get them photos. Please pass my email on to anyone you may know!

5 comments:

Kam said...

How wonderful! More pics! More tidbits! Soo fun and such a blessing! Plus, it gives you something else to look forward to in a couple weeks!

That's great that you'll be able to take pics for other families! I hope to do that but have been told that the TRC is more private than other orphanages. I really want to visit the one my bff's son is in. It's in BKK too. I just hope they'll let us in!

Yay for you! Yay for updates!

Jessica said...

Hurray for updates. I've been thinking for a while now that the Thailand group needs a more organized network like China. I think the difference might be foster families and orphanages vs. only orphanages though. Looks like you've got this one orphanage under control!

Ellie said...

I'm with you, Jen!!! I had the same kind of day! I wondered about the same kind of questions that you did... How did the girls respond and interact, etc... Wouldn't it be GREAT to actually talk with Sherri on the phone and hear her describe it?!

I know what you mean, too, about wanting to help other families get a glimpse into their child's life! If nothing else, you'll be there for Lily. That makes me tear up, just typing it. I'm so thankful that you'll soon be there, but so much wish we were going, too!

I haven't heard of any other adoptive parents on our yahoo group adopting from NST soon. When we go, we'll visit TRC, too, so hopefully we'll find some kids to check in on there!

Julie said...

Jen this is such good news. I am so pleased for you. It is good that you are able to have link with a sponsor child too. We sponsor at AGAPE and love to have bews from Kwan. We met her when we were in Chaing Mai.
Julie

rosemary said...

This is amazing news! So happy for you and Ruby who will cherish all of these photos when she is older.