Monday, August 24, 2009

Unexpected Email

No, not THAT one. Still waiting for news from Thailand and refusing to let myself get down or think about it for very long. But what I did get was a very kind and complimentary email from Father Joe Maier at Mercy Centre. What a nice guy to take the time to write me personally! This is what it said:

Dear Maci

 You are absolutely fabulous. I am so grateful to you for the beauty you bring to the world with your music and thank you so much for thinking of us and our children.

 Prayers    fr joe

Okay...wow! This is the priest whose book I read a year ago and so admire and respect. I vowed to meet him one day and thank him for what HE does for those kids and families and here he is thanking me for my little 'ol CD.  He is so selfless and giving. I am really touched...and highly motivated to get this CD done and out and selling like hot cakes! Today I have the fun job of tackling the technical gobbley-gook. That means looking up all the publisher info for each song and paying for mechanical licenses to use their songs on my recording. Then I have to figure out what I want the inside jacket to say and how to set up the whole jacket design. Discmakers will help a lot with that and they do a great job. Hope to have the whole thing done and on the market before we go. Maybe even have the first check to deliver to Mercy when we get there! And of course, I'll bring CD's for the kids!

I asked Father Joe about singing for them. Either personally - one on one - or if he wants me to put on a little show for them. I think I still have enough contacts over there that I can find a musician to do it with me. So we'll see. We will have Ruby with us then, so we'll have to see how she does with us and if she could handle Mommy being way "over there" singing for an hour or so. Maybe she can be right beside me or maybe Jeff will just hold her a bit. I think she'll be okay and may have fun being around all the other kids. Boy, our trip to Thailand is going to be so incredible. In a million big and little ways. The trip of a lifetime and an amazing start of our new little family!

4 comments:

dawn said...

We have a very special Fr Joe is our lives. He is a Chinese priest currently staying here in Miami. yesterday he came over to bless Lily for a wonderful school year. I can't type anymmore cos I need to get to the real reason why I am here!!!!!!!

dawn said...

We have a very special Fr Joe is our lives. He is a Chinese priest currently staying here in Miami. yesterday he came over to bless Lily for a wonderful school year. I can't type anymmore cos I need to get to the real reason why I am here!!!!!!!

Mireille said...

Your trip will be wonderful as you said in many small and big ways! I can't wait for you to get there!!

Megan said...

Can't wait to check out the CD!! And we heard all about Mercy Centre when there during our homily at church. I really wanted to get there to visit but it didn't work out. It will next time for sure!!

You rock!!