Friday, September 25, 2009

Aaaahhh

Finally. A day without running around. We hung out in the hotel room all day and it was such a nice break. Ruby was content playing with her toys in the room and Mommy (who woke up with BOTH eyes swollen and a terrible sinus headache) got to go back to sleep for an hour. Ruby was a little angel. She came over to me and looked at me with great concern. I told her Mommy Bai norn (tired) and then she smiled and went back over to the table to color with Daddy. She is so amazing. Found out my puffy eye wasn't from her hitting me with spoon. I kinda wondered why it didn't swell up right away, but then when both were itchy and swollen I figured I must have a allergy to something. The room does smell rather mildewy which is surprising for a Marriott. Anyway, I have continued using the eye drops and feel 100 times better today. In case it was an infection, I took an antibiotic that we brought from home. Today I am a new woman!

I also got a much needed massage in yesterday during Ruby's nap! Yea! When she is down, you can count on a solid sleep for 2 hours so as soon as she was out I snuck downstairs to hit the spa. I was able to relax and enjoy the BEST Balinese style massage, but was a hair nervous as I was running back to the room afterwards. I had sure hoped she wasn't crying for me! Turns out she was out like a light until the minute I walked in the room. She woke up happy and Mommy was happy. Aaaaah.

We have a fun day planned today. Heading over to Ocean World at Siam Paragon. It's an aquarium and she loves fish. We are meeting up with another family from the states (Liz, Matt, & Lyla) for a fun day of fish watching and shopping at MBK! Yea!

9 comments:

Kam said...

hey Jen! so glad you are feeling better. we are home! caught a last minute flight thursday at midnight. joel did great on the flights. hope the rest goes super smoothly for you! great to hug your neck the other day! ruby is beautiful!

christina said...

It's pretty humid in Thailand, no? Perhaps the mildewy smell is also due to the humidity. Can you ask the front desk if they have a dehumidifier? Feel better soon!
xo

Chris and Terri said...

YAY!!! Sounds like a great time aside from the whole eye thing. Hope that gets better!

Jessica said...

Hurray for massages and a little girl who naps 2 hours at a time. Hope you can squeeze another massage in before you head home.

Donna said...

Honey I am so glad you are feelng better. everything else seems to be going great.My love to Jeff, Ruby and you..miss you so much.. MOM

Carey and Norman said...

The massage sounds wonderful. What a nice little treat for yourself during your time in Thailand.

Sorry to hear about the sinus infection. Glad you were prepared with medicine!!

Enjoy the aquarium.

Megan said...

The massage sounds great! I am glad the eye drops are working and you have had a nice relaxing day!! Have fun at Ocean World!

Blessings~

Hannah said...

Glad to see you are feeling better. I know what a pain it is to be sick during your trip! I hope you enjoyed Ocean World. It was one of my favorite things we did there. I can't wait to see pictures of all this! :)

Mireille said...

Glad you're feeling better! Enjoy the last massages before heading home. What a treat to have a child that naps and sleeps well! Makes a life time difference, hope this will go as well in the US!!