Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Leaving Thailand

Well, we are headed home tomorrow at the crack of dawn! BEFORE, the crack of dawn actually. Still had some time left on my internet so I thought I would do one last post from the land of smiles. Ruby was up a couple times early this am. Just a few minutes at a time. I rub her head and let her know I am here and she goes back to sleep. I wonder if she is hot. I turn the AC down cause I think it will be better for her, but she actually seems to sleep better when it's cooler. Go figure. Hoping she doesn't mind our chilly fall weather too much! Personally, I love fall. It will be fun to see her playing in the yard with the leaves and hopefully with the dog too. Praying they don't take too long to get along!

Last night we ventured out to the Japanese restaurant in our hotel. The room service the night before was cold and not so great and we were craving some sushi and terriaki. Ruby was an angel! A few times she started to bang her spoon loudly on the table and I was already making my escape plan in my head in case the tide turned. We smiled at her and said shhhhhhhh in a cute way and she raised her spoon high (as if about to pummel the table) and then set it on the table and tapped very softly, saying shhhhhh with a cute smile. Wow. We are really lucky. She ate a little chicken ball they served as an appetizer, some buckwheat noodle soup, and some plain rice I mixed in with the soup. She loves when they give you a clean washcloth at the end of the meal. LOL, I really appreciate this, too, as she gets food everywhere! She gives me each hand for cleaning and then proceeds to grab the towel and start cleaning the table. She is too cute for words!

We came upstairs and watched cartoons which she loved and part of a Thai cartoon movie be got her with elephants. She loves elephants and says "chang chang!" whenever she sees them. We also played a few of the videos we took of her in NST and she sat giggling at herself being silly playing ball with Daddy. It was real cute. Afterwards we had our nightly bath time and she played with some of her toys. For the first time, she has taken an interest in the build-a-bear we sent her. It was so sweet to see her hugging that bear and so happy. I just sat there watching her, remembering clearly the feelings and emotions I had when I got that for her back in March. And look at us now! I feel so lucky every day to have this child in our lives. She bonds more with us all the time. Has already with me for some time, but now she will willingly jump into Daddy's arms and let him pick her up or hold her. Even lets him give her the bottle now on occasion. She really loves her Daddy and is way concerned now if he walks away for a minute or is not right there. It is so awesome to see! 

Can't get her to bed earlier than 9 the last few days. She has been so silly and wide awake at night, but at least she is still getting a good 9-11 hours. We can start fresh with the schedule once we are home and adjusted. Hoping she really sleeps in today, since we have to get up at 2 am for our 6 am flight tomorrow. Wish us luck on that long flight!!

Next update will be from Philadelphia! Have our baby's Visa in hand and the Kitzmillers are headed home!

10 comments:

dawn said...

Happy flying. Miss Ruby will be a rock star. Cannot wait to see the first post from home.

love all of us.

waiting4brianna said...

Good luck on your trip home. Hopefully, Ruby will sleep a while for you. It sounds like you had a wonderful time, and you are bonding well. It will be great to be home though. I can't wait to see pictures of Ruby.
Dawn (OXV Mall)

Ellie said...

Congrats, sweet family! You're headed HOME!!! I'll be praying for a peaceful, uneventful journey home. I know I'll be thinking of you as you travel... I'll turn those thoughts into prayers.

Ruby just sounds too cute for words! Looking forward to your homecoming! I'll bet you are, too!!!

Sending love,
Ellie

John and Nancy said...

Wishing you a safe and great trip back home! Missed you guys greatly and cannot wait to see all of the photos and videos and to catch up properly. I will give you up to two weeks to call to give you time to get sorted, after that I may be on your doorstep!
Love,
Nancy

christina said...

Safe travels!

Mireille said...

I hope your flight is going well, and you have a relaxed first days at home!! Looking forward to seeing posts from home. Oh and by the way: I made the mistake the first fall when I came home to make sure the bedroom of the girls was not too cold.... they didn't sleep well at all that first year. Second year I didn't heat up the room, it was nice and chilly and the girls slept like princesses. So keep it cool, much better!... and healthier! Rather put an extra blanket on her.

Megan said...

Will be praying for a good flight! I was emotional leaving Thailand with Jet. Hope Ruby is able to sleep some for you! It sounds like bonding continues to go well! Yeah! It took Jet a long time to like going out anywhere. He was a different child when we did, but it will get easier with time.

Blessings

rosemary said...

I am so hapy that you are getting to come home and introduce Ruby to her new home! I know you must be so excited! I have loved following along on this journey with you, Jen. Keep writing - you share all the best details!

emily said...

can't wait to catch up with you guys "on the other side" welcome home sweet Ruby!

dawn said...

Welcome home to the new family! It felt so wonderful to write this to you.
xoxoxoxoxoxox