Friday, January 15, 2010

I Did It!

I left the house. Not that I haven't left the house in the last 3 months. Ruby & I are on the go to classes and to run errands and go on play dates. I have snuck out on a few occasions during her nap to run errands and twice I got back a few minutes late and wasn't here when she got up. She was with Daddy and did fine. So yesterday, I made the break during waking hours. I decided that morning that I REALLY needed to go to the chiropractor and also get a massage. My back and neck were screaming for it. I got Ruby down for her nap early and easily (which was a big deal because she has been very restless this week which I will go into later). Within 10 minutes of taking her up she was solidly out. Yippee! I ran downstairs on my tip toes. I grabbed my coat, emptied half the contents of my super heavy diaper bag, and went for the keys with a big, giddy smile on my face. The keys! Where on earth were they??? They are always in either my coat pocket or on the key rack. I searched for a good ten minutes...only to realize that my car was gone also. Jeff! He mentioned he had to go pick up the new bed frame we ordered. BUMMER. I forgot. He forgot I wanted to go somewhere, too.

Deflated, I went and did the usual nap time stuff: straightened up, did some laundry, checked email and such. But I also made myself and appt for 3:30 at the chiropractor, figuring I'd back out if she woke up crying and clingy as she has a good few times this week. Poor little miss has been restless a lot of the last 2 weeks. Her cold (that we have been passing back & forth) was lingering on and now she was tugging at her ears. Went back to the Dr. and yep...ear infection. No wonder she's been so cranky! She's on antibiotics and after 2 days is already sleeping and feeling better.

I'm wondering if the Giardia is back. We get test results back on Monday. Many of the symptoms are present: restless sleeping, nasty smelling you-know-what, cranky, picky eating followed by voracious appetite, itchy skin and scalp. All the symptoms she had before. Then again, it could just be the ear infection and congestion. We'll have to see. The poor thing has been uncomfortable and clinging to Mommy like a vine. I don't mind this usually, but it did take it's toll on my back and shoulders a bit. I never thought I'd be able to get away for a couple hours this week, and yet I had to do it eventually. Why not today?

She woke up happy after her nap so I decided to go for it. We explained that Daddy was going to take her to the park and she understood and seemed happy about this. She seemed to get that I was going in MY car and she was going in Daddy's car. But actually seeing my go was a different story. My heart tugged as I pulled away and saw her crying for me on the porch. But, I did it. I texted Jeff a few minutes later and he said she was fine. And then right b4 my massage I texted again and they were having a ball on the swings! Yay!

We had some unusually warm weather. Okay, not warm by MY standards (70-80 F), but in the 50's so nice enough them to go to the park. I was gone for 2-1/2 hours. I got adjusted, got a massage, and did an ionic cleanse. Aahhh. Just what I needed. Ruby got some great Daddy time in at the park, then they went for ice cream. I came home to them watching the Wonder Pets and all was well. Breakthrough!

6 comments:

Kam said...

Yay for some good alone time! Every mama needs it and sometimes it's hard to come by! Yay for you! And Yay for Ruby!

Thanks so much for your email. We've had a crazy week here too and I've not had a chance to respond to several emails including yours. But I so appreciate it.

Hope she is on the mend and you guys are having a great weekend!

rosemary said...

Wonderful! You deserve that massage, babe. It's good to hear you got some time to yourself.

Jessica said...

Good for you! Guess I can't tease you about your "alone time" actually being "Ruby time" this time. I bet that massage felt GOOD.

dawn said...

Sometimes the worst part about coming home is all the crud they catch. Hoping Miss Ruby can "kick it to the curb" once and for all, shortly.
Well done taking that big step.

Ellie said...

Another milestone! Now you know you can have some alone time when needed! Another step in the Little Miss's adjustment! :) Sounds like she and Dad had a fabulous time, too! And your time sounds FABULOUS!!

Mireille said...

YEAH!! Great milestone, and good to know that you can try to do this more often. You need it!!