Friday, April 23, 2010

Too Much To Write, So Little Time

Gorgeous weather lately. Lots of fun things to do. Not as much time or too tired to write. I have so many things to post about and pictures to put up soon. Too sleepy right now to make it a long one so here are the highlights.

1. A dear friend finally got news on her adoption case and should travel by July! We are SO happy for them, for there wait has been entirely too long and their little girl entirely too precious! Congrats!!!!
2. Started potty training this week. Monday was a challenge. Tuesday a little better. By Wed, she was going 4-5 times a day on the potty. Yesterday and today she has had a dry pull-up for all waking hours. I am so proud of her!!! Even doing it when we are out. This week she went on the potty while at the park, at music class, Little Gym, and even when out for dinner tonight. Super proud!!!
3. Counted to 13 the other day and I haven't the slightest idea where she even heard 13 cause we haven't gone over that yet! Must have picked it up from one of her shows, I guess.
4. She is trying to sing the ABC song a lot lately and it is so funny. Goes something like: ABEEEHIJKLMNPRSHIJKLMNPQRSTV and then she sings Now I eh eh ACE, eh eh la la sing la la. Or something like that. Hilarious. God bless her she is really trying!
5. Shhh's me often when I am singing because SHE wants to do it. Upstaged by a 3 year old, LOL! Loves singing a couple of the lullabies I sing to her. I was singing her some lullabies at nap time today and she stopped me and requested Bu-mun. I had no clue so I started singing something else. She'd say NO and ask again. This went on for a couple minutes as I ran down the list. Finally, I sang my song - the one I wrote for her - and that was it! Butterfly Moon. How sweet is that? I haven't done that one for awhile and can't believe she remembered it. I sang a little bit than she shooshed me again so she could sing it. Didn't know the words but got some of the melody and a few syllables right. It was really darn cute!
6. Ruby was talking and singing up a storm in the car tonight on the way home from dinner. She was on a roll and just went from one song to the next, stopping briefly to count and talk about this or that. Jeff & I just turned the radio down and listened and cracked up. Oh, how we love that funny little girl!

(LOL, I notice here that even my abridged version of our recent events are still quite lengthy!)

1 comment:

Ellie said...

Awww!!! The news sure made my week, month, year! Thanks for the support! Love you!

That Ruby is TOO cute!!!! I love hearing these stories. How precious, that she requested Butterfly Moon. Gives me goose-bumps thinking about when you wrote the song for her, and now, here she is asking you to sing it to her. So sweet :O)