Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Keeping Busy!

I was making dinner one night and I heard Ruby babbling in the next room. Not really making sense but just laladadeeda kind of thing. Yet very animated as if really saying something. I went in to find her "reading" The Toddler Busy Play Book.  LOL, I wonder if my book reading sometimes sounds like jibberish to her! And furthermore, I hope she found some great rainy day ideas that we haven't done yet. :-) Haven't seen that book for months actually. Guess I left it in the playroom and she dug it out. She sat there studying it for some time and for the life of me I can't figure what she found so fascinating about it. It has no pictures! Ah, the creative minds of a toddler! She was playing with her star fish vitamin this morning and started tapping on it. She smiled at me and said "computer". Oh, is it a computer? Yes, she said with pride. And then it was a piano that she played on. Oh and she still insists her poop looks like a hippo. LOL. No lack of creativity here!

But back to being busy...we have had so much fun lately and I have a zillion pics and stories to tell. Will be up to my usual tricks and am back-dating so be sure to scroll down and check the other blog, too. Trying to keep in dated order for the book I hope to finish sometime in this millenium!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh this so sweet. I love this picture. Ruby looks so grown up in it like a little teenager.

Jessica said...

I love Ruby all curled up and reading. That's my favorite way to be too.

P.S. - What a beautiful dress she has on! I envy her (and your) ability to wear yellow!

Maci Miller said...

Thanks, girls! Jess, I got that dress (and the green one you loved from another post around Easter) at Target! They had so many cute dresses out this Spring so I scooped a bunch up.

And Liz, she DOES look older these days. Both in her personality and height. It's so amazing how these kids grow up so fast! A wee bit sad and yet wonderful at the same time! I love that she is more into books now. We try to hit a reading at the library or book store once a week. Headed there today I think.