Sunday, August 15, 2010

Happy Ears

Much to post about this weekend and all the fun we had at the beach. But for now just a quick post. Ruby's recovery has been great. The ear tubes are tiny little tubes placed in her ear drums to alleviate pressure and release fluid. It can dramatically help a patients hearing loss and I can tell she is hearing much better now. She is singing along to both her Thai and English dvds and saying more words and sentences than ever! So beautiful to see that it often brings tears to my eyes! There have been no problems whatsoever since surgery - even with all the swimming. We've been really good about using ear wax and her drops. She seems to think the orange plugs are an accessory (which she of course LOVES) and she doesn't mind the "tickle drops" one bit. In fact she just lays there and giggles. The other night when I was putting them in she was rather quiet and so I asked if she was okay. She just looked at me and smiled and said "Okay, Mommy. Happy ears!" Melt. My. Heart. I said, "oh, honey, are your ears happy now?" She smiled again and said, "Yes. Happy."

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Even old Mickey Mouse doesn't have anything on "happy ears." So glad that results have been so positive. Still hard to believe that they diagnosed/predicted hearing problems for her.

excitedtobeafamily said...

Happy ears...priceless! I am so glad she is doing so well! Yeah!