Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Apple Pickin'

Tuesdays are Ruby's day off from school. I had wanted her to do 3 half days a week, but they typically do 5 with Montessori, stating that it really is too long of a break with doing only 3 and not easy to keep them in their routine. They comprised and gave me 4 instead and I chose Tuesday to be home because they teach French. Thai and English are quite enough for now!

Went spent a nice morning with Miss Kyle, her excellent speech teacher who came to the house, had lunch, then headed out to Styer's Orchard. The place is pretty empty in the afternoon so I felt like we had it all to ourselves. Ruby LOVES anything where she can help out so I thought being able to pick her own apples would be fun. It was, but not for very long. 
The wagon was fun too - for a minute - and then she decided she'd rather seek out this adventure on foot.
She was all proud to carry the tomatoes but the place was loosing it's luster by this point.
And by this shot she looked perfectly bored. I said, "Aw, come on, Rubes! Where's the smile? Aren't you having fun?" Her reply..."No. HOME." Well, okay then. We gathered up our goods, paid a mere $3 and change for the whole bucket and headed home.

...besides, everyone knows shelling peanuts on the kitchen floor is FAR more interesting! LOL.
Gonna make something yummy tomorrow with the apples. I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

too funny!!

I want to do Montessori with H, and I think I have found one that will do 3 days a week. I can't do 5....I don't want to do 1!!!

Can't wait to see what you make with the apples, that place looks amazing. Nothing like that here...too hot I guess!

Maci Miller said...

Thanks so great that you found one that will do 3 days! Is it half or full days? I am only doing 1/2 days so maybe that is why I have to do 4...or maybe just the school's policy. Not sure. She was home sick yesterday and I have to say it was so nice having her around!