Thursday, December 4, 2008

Kids Birthday Party

Today was HARD. I thought I could handle it. I really did. I walked into our friends house with a smile plastered to my fast, trying to convince even myself that I am fine. But I am not fine. A room full of beautiful children, cute little party outfits, toys, presents, decorations and laughter greated me. It's okay, I thought. Be strong. I can handle this. Then one kind, well meaning friend after another asked me about the adoption. How is she? When will you get her? When are you going? How old will she be? Do they do anything for Christmas? Gosh, isn't it so hard? Why does it take so long?? I couldn't answer any of their questions. The only one I knew for sure was that YES it was very, very hard to not have your child home. Especially this time of year.

No comments: