Friday, September 3, 2010

Music To My Ears

We went for a post op check up and hearing test yesterday at CHOP. How I love the people there that office. SO great with kids. Ruby remembered the beautiful Indian woman, Aruna, that did her previous hearing tests and was happy to see her. Ran up and gave her a big hug. So sweet! But even sweeter was that she got a thumbs up on all her tests! Fluid and ear pressure GONE! Hearing in right ear (the bad ear) perfectly normal. Yea! In the left ear there was only one low tone she didn't hear well, but they still feel her hearing is fine and at a normal level and it could have been influenced by her cold. Woo-hoo! Don't need to go back for 6 months. What a world of difference from how she was hearing (with probably too-loud hearing aids) a year or so ago! Music to this Momma's ears.

 She was such an angel in the office that I treated her to a whoopie pie after lunch at Maggiano's. Love the corner bakery there with their fresh salads and sandwhiches...and yummy soups! It's our normal stop after our appointments and then we hit the fabulous King of Prussia mall. However, I did not buy anything yesterday. I have everything I need. A beautiful and kind hearted little girl that can clearly hear the world around her. Incidentally, I didn't get myself a whoopie pie either.... but I DID take a couple bites of Ruby's for a little taste!

2 comments:

dawn said...

Really fantastic news.

Jessica said...

Hurray! That is good news. Totally whooping pie worthy. So, so glad.