Sunday, December 5, 2010

Can't Believe I Forgot

Today is Dec. 5th! It's the King's Birthday today in Thailand and shame on us cause we didn't show Rubes a picture or talk about it at all. I don't even have his picture. We should have a picture! So wrapped up in Christmas that I totally forgot until now. Didn't do anything for Loy Krathong either. It's such a nice holiday and I was sorry to have missed it. We tried to get together with some friends but in the end the plans fell through and we had no where to float our krathongs. That is if I would have figured out where to find all the stuff required to make them in the first place. Hopefully, we will get our act together by next year!

Today also marks an interesting anniversary. This is the day we started the adoption process. We signed our agency agreement and sent it in to Wacap on this day... 3 years ago. Amazing, what a different life we are living now vs then. Bliss. Through life's ins and outs, ups and downs...there is bliss. Ruby will randomly (and often) come over and kiss or hug me and say "I love you, Mommy".  Tonight I left the room to go get something. She came running after me a minute later saying "Wait, Mommy! I miss you so so much" She never said that before. It was so darn sweet. And so amazing. How lucky I am. How far this sweet, brave, loving little girl has come in a year and a few months. I found myself teary-eyed a lot this week watching her eyes light up at this or that...hearing all the sweet or funny things that come out of her mouth...watching her grow into this awesome little person. There is nothing in life so amazing as that!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Well, shoot, I forgot it was the King's BD too. Glad you reminded me (and we were at the temple today too! argh!! We could have at least wai'd to his picture.)

Sometimes celebrating just the American holidays in a timely fasion is an accomplishment. I'm going to mark the holidays in my 2011 calendar (just as soon as I get one!)

Wendy said...

Looking at your stats and finding out people ended up at your blog can be kind of strange. So far, I haven't found anything creepy, though. Just some stuff that is odd.

Great about the Singapore record deal!

And I loved your stories about Ruby. Made me all teary!

Maci Miller said...

Well, it's not a deal yet, Wendy, but they just got my package and are interested it seems. We'll see what happens! After Disney shelved me I am not getting myself to worked up about it...but it'd be nice. :-)
The most important thing in my life is Ruby. The rest is just icing on the cake!

Jess - I'm glad to know it wasn't just me!

Mireille said...

Oh my!! I forgot both as well, since December 5th is Sinterklaas' Birthday the girls are more interested in that. But I should have mentioned it as well.... oh well, maybe next year better :-)

Good Luck with the record deal, didn't realize that Disney deal is not going through :-( Maybe you have more luck this time. But as you said it is a nice icing on the cake, but not the most important thing in your life anymore.

chaniemom said...

I am guilty, too, for forgetting the Thai holidays. Perhaps Penny would think it kind of cheesy, but perhaps we could float it in the bath tub, since it's freezing outside. : )

Maci Miller said...

LOL,Chandra - I thought about that as well or in our 2 ft. pond!

And yea, Mireille, the Disney execs that came in after my deal was signed, decided 6 months later to go in a different direction and my song was not part of that direction. Cie La Vie! This current deal is actually better, I think. Will post details when it's final.