Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Absentee Blogger/Beach Bum

I am quite the bad blogger these days. Truly, I don't know how many of you out there still read this. I myself haven't had a whole lot of time to blog or read blogs lately. When I do post something it's easier to just put it on Face Book.  So if you don't see an update here, check FB! Hopefully, I will back in the swing of things as fall gets closer. On this organizing and purging kick right now. Started with Ruby's crib - sold it to make room for big girl bed (twin) from upstairs. She is now (knock on wood) sleeping in her own bed again in her own room BY HERSELF. Woo hoo! A few early morning night-mares and wake-ups, but we are getting there. Let's call it progress!

Been a beach bum most of the summer and it's been GREAT. Two beach trips, a couple family trips, 2 day trips in NYC and Sesame Place in between. Life is good, my friends. HOT, but good. Summer is going by soooo quickly! Guess that's what happens when your having fun! Many pics and posts to catch up on so look for an onslaught here in the next couple days.

Latest happenings...

Latest beach trip - this time with my family. Amazing time! 5 days in Wildwood, NJ. Love that beach. Reminds me of family trips when I was a kid. Long, flat beach. Great for the long walks we all took every day - the whole lot of us. So fun. The waves were calm. The water was nice. Spending time with my cousins was incredible. The kids had a ball. Need I say more?
Sweet Nina carrying Ruby
Rubes with her cousin Nina. These two were inseparable the whole trip. Really sweet.
Water baby would have stayed in the pool all day and night if I let her. She learned to do the doggie paddle this week and swim all by herself without a tube! Hooray!
Dreamy girl in her favorite princess night gown
Cutie pies Rubes and Ryan snuggled up watching a movie
Ruby and Nina looking for dolphins
Cute cousins! Ryan, Mikey, Dommy, Alessia, Ruby & Nina
Another fun beach day!
Quick (blurry) shot of our group headed to the boardwalk
Last night on the boardwalk
Lil bug poses for me in Cape May. We stopped there the last morning b4 heading home.
Picked up a new friend...a cute little ostrich marionette that Ruby walked the whole way back to the car.
Back at home and dressing up the cat. Who was strangely willing...go figure???

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Yeah, Ruby! So glad to hear she's sleeping all by herself and that you've had such a great summer. Life just doesn't stop, does it!