Monday, October 31, 2011

Snow Day In October

Funny to read that title aloud. Even funnier to see my summer canna flowers out back, fall foliage in the front, and snow on the ground. Freaky weather around here! Still, it was fun.
Ruby BEGGED me to go in the snow Sat. I had to say no cause we were having a little Halloween party that day (and guests were about to arrive). So as soon as we got back from church Sunday, we changed clothes and went out. She was SO excited she didn't even want to go to Sesame. Only play in snow. Well, ok then! Glad I picked up a snow suit at Target just the week b4. Who knew we'd actually need it already?
Working on her snowman (well, snow WOMAN, actually)
Uh...who should I throw this at first? Mommy or Daddy?
All the girls pose with the snowman.
hehe...look at the snow - I mean - SHOW dog. 
Plotting her next snowball attack. 
Fall leaves and winter snow.
Daddy and Rubes all snuggled up waiting for hot chocolate and marshmallows.
What do ya think? A little happy with her treat? I could always tell when she grabbed another marshmallow cause she left a powdered sugar trail.

3 comments:

c & b said...

I know the snow came early this year for the east coast but I gotta say I'm a little wistful for our days living in New York. Much as I hated the summers (but loved it at the same time) for the humidity, one of the things I miss THE most is the literal changes of the seasons. It just doesn't happen like that out here in CA. Looks like y'all are having a grand time!
christina

Mireille said...

What a fun post!! Crazy though that early snow... hope it doesn't predict more and more to come for the whole winter....

Maci Miller said...

I am hoping so, too, Mireille! Not ready for winter yet!