Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Party Central!

Well, I did it. After thinking about going into party planning for some time, I finally decided to do it! The website is still not up but I registered the name and blog. Will post the link when it's ready!

Been busy this month getting ready for 3 parties and 2 holidays. Helped with a friend's party we held here last weekend, have Ruby's coming up in a few weeks, and my 1st official client's party is the week after. A spa party for 18. Having so much fun! My business will be a trifold. The 1st part - party planning, personal shopping for everything, and basically getting the party together. The 2nd part - home made party decorations . And the 3rd will be items for home - baby and children's room things.

So here are a few of my pretties!
Fabric banner, backdrop, and tulle pom poms for Ruby's mermaid party. 
Invites for Ruby's party
Invites I made for the spa party I am doing next month.
Buffet or Name cards for spa party
This is how I delivered them. With a simple lavender ribbon. I liked it. :-)
Made a zillion pom poms.  A dozen for the spa party, a bunch for Ruby's, and pink for the tea party we did last weekend.
My grandest accomplishment: spa towel wraps! So excited about these! Tried to price up for my client but they were all so expensive. Found the towels for a great price at Walmart and made them myself. 16 so far...2 more to go! That new sewing machine is getting a LOT of use! Besides the wraps, I made a table cloth, a pillow case, and 2 dresses for Rubes. Oh, and the banners!
Here is the bday banner for the spa party

and the one I made for Ruby's BFF. This pic was taken b4 it was done. I so loved the fabric in the center, I'm going to attempt making Ruby and Easter dress with it. LOL, Wish me luck!
Water bottle labels
Here's that banner when it was done. Not the best pic, though.
I'm making welcome and station signs for all the parties. Found cheap 50 cent frames at the flea market and painted them in pastel colors.
Tea party set up for Brie's party. It was such a fun time. 

And the best part of throwing pretty parties for sweet girls? THIS:
Can't wait until Ruby's!!!





5 comments:

dawn said...

Your new business suits you to a "tea"! Congratulations on taking the plunge. You will be a huge success.

Mireille said...

Congratulations on your new endeavour!! Wow, impressive so far!! You are a rock star in my eyes!! Wish you could help me with the Punk, Rock & Goth party I am throwing for the girls next month!! Would be so much fun to brainstorm together!!

Jessica said...

Good luck, Jen. I know it's going to be great! Can't wait to read about Ruby's party. (See this another reason for a 2nd child - more parties to plan!)

Wendy said...

WOW!!!!! Awesome. Wish you lived closer so you could do Lily's birthday party!

Maci Miller said...

@ Wendy...you know I COULD travel for Lily's party!