Friday, March 9, 2012

Simple Solutions!

Been a busy bee over here. Making storage solutions for everything from bows and wings to those pesky hair bands that end up everywhere. 
Found 3 cute flower hooks at TJ Maxx for all the girlie accessories. Added 2 more long ribbons to Ruby's bow holder (left) with a staple gun. Easy breezy. Seriously, is there anything you can't do with a glue gun, staple gun, paint, and a sewing machine? I love it! The hooks were super cheap because one of the front flowers were missing so I hot glued buttons on it. Wala! Like new!
This is my favorite thing yet. 2 minute solution (hang over door and stuff) that saves me so much time in trying to hunt down hair bands!
Here is the whole closet with both of the over the door storage things in place. One for shoes, one for accessories. Hooray!
Took an old beat up stool I found and painted it, put some batting on it, covered in pink minky and staple gunned it on. Then trimmed with some cute balls and hammered on with upholstery tacs. Now Rubes has a good stool for climbing in bed, turning on the lights, etc.
My special flee market find! $15 old desk. I absolutely love it! Especially the storage areas on the side. There are 2 on the other side, also! Been remaking the room upstairs for my crafting and sewing and this is a perfect addition to the room! Will post pics of that soon, but the floors still need painted. Putting it off until after the birthday parties I am planning. Ruby's, my brother's, and my 1st CLIENT! More on that soon, too.  Doing a spa party for her daughter and having a BALL planning it!
And I leave you with a few shots of Rubes. Busy painting away.
I love this one! Did it totally on her own (including writing her name). I came in and she said "Look, Mommy! It's a rainbow slide!" :-)  She's into everything rainbow right now.
Simple Spring craft I found online: a bird feeder
Spread peanut butter on a paper towel holder (I cut in half) then roll in bird seed and hang with a string.

Happy Spring everyone! It's just about here!

6 comments:

chaniemom said...

I love flea market finds! Wow, Ruby is fitted as a proper princess in her wonderful, girly-girl room! Isn't she blessed, just as you are, I can tell! So glad that you're a family!

Wendy said...

I can no longer read your blog, Jen. Sorry. You are making me feel like an utter failure. LOL!

Maci Miller said...

LOL, Wendy! Remember you have TWO kids, 3 large dogs (if I am not mistaken) and a full time job + writing career on the side! I only have one kid and this stuff and party planning is pretty much my full time job!

Maci Miller said...

Thanks, Chandra for the sweet words! I am so truly blessed with this girl!

Jessica said...

Doesn't being so organized leave you with a good feeling? We need to find our organizing mojo again. We lost it amongst all the matchbox cars.

PS - We did peanut butter and birdseed on pine cones at Christmas but it was a little bit difficult. I'm going to try the paper towel holder. Genius!

Mireille said...

Now YOU inspire me!!