Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Friends & Gratefulness

In the midst of everything that is going on and the seemingly endless wait for news about the baby...well, I decided to count my blessings. I have a wonderful, hard working, and loving husband. We have a great family, a nice home, 2 adorable pets. The AC is working again. We are not sick. We are not hungry. Our basic and not so basic needs are all met. Okay, so the limbo part of our lives right now sucks. But this too shall pass and none of this will matter when we hold our daughter in our arms. 

Last, but certainly not least, I was thinking about all my friends lately. How lucky I am to have so many terrific and supportive girlfriends. I couldn't haven gotten through the ups and downs without you. From the ones who always listen...the ones that inspire or encourage me to be a better person...to the ones who make me laugh. The ones who take me shopping or share the hottest trends who help take my mind off all that is going on. The friends that give me Mommy advice and are shining examples of how it's done. The friends that are just plain fun to be around. My friends from near and far that call to check in and see how I'm doing. And all the wonderful new friends I email daily who know exactly what I am going through - because they have been there or are in the same place now. Sharing the adoption highs and lows with you have been a saving grace. 

So today this post is going out to all of you. Thank you for your friendship, prayers, kindness, support, laughter, phone calls, emails, great dinners, girls-nights-out, letting me "practice" with your kids, book recommendations, and loads of great advice. Most of all thanks for sharing each of your unique and wonderful qualities with me, your friend. No need to list names. You know who you are.

No comments: