Thursday, June 19, 2008

WE HAVE NEWS!!!!

Yes, we actually, FINALLY, have news!!! It's not official, but, you guessed it! We got a call today from our agency saying the child we have so hoped to adopt is still available and we are going to be matched with her! We weren't even expecting news until the end of the month at the earliest. I actually thought it might be longer. I was at the hair salon with a full head of bleach (highlights) and my hairdresser's phone rings. It's my husband trying to track me down! My cell phone doesn't work in the basement where I was and he remembered I was getting my hair done and called me there. Well, right away I know something is up because Jeff is calling me in the middle of his work day on Joyce's line. He cuts to the chase and says, "Are you sitting down? We got GREAT news today! ...She's OURS!" He went on for another few minutes, but I told him he'd have to repeat that because I heard nothing past "she's ours!" He laughed. I laughed. Then I cried. Actually, I think I started crying the instant he told me the news. We were just so happy that any words I could try to say to describe the feeling just wouldn't come close. How do you describe the happiest day of your life? I have a daughter!

I hung up and screamed and hugged my hair dresser. Lucky for me she is a very good friend! I was glad she was there to share the news with me. I wanted to call everyone on the PLANET when I got to the car, but my cell phone up and died. Great timing. But heck, you still couldn't have wiped the smile off my face. I thanked God the whole way home. I think I was in shock for the better part of the day until it finally sunk in. This is real. I am a mom! We are parents of this child we have been in love with and dreaming about for months! We couldn't be happier! Now there will still be a LONG wait yet until we get our official "referral" and travel. The agency said it may still take until next Spring to get her home, but we are hopeful it could come sooner. For today, one miracle is enough. We got our girl.We know she is ours. That's all we can ask for in a day. We knew she was meant to be ours from the first moment we heard about her and now we are going to be her parents! We are unbelievably happy and truly grateful.

No comments: