Friday, August 1, 2008

Singing For My Baby


Well, I went into the studio yesterday to record songs for our angel. We did 5 songs, both lullabies and sweet kids songs. They are:
1. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star/ABC Song
2. Somewhere Over The Rainbow
3. Baby Mine
4. Hush-A-Bye Baby (Rock-A-Bye Baby)
5. Brahms Lullaby
It was both fun to be in the studio creating again and emotional to be singing songs I knew I'd be sending to our daughter in Thailand. My uncle (Bob Kimmel) is a producer and really did such a great job with the recording and mix. He called in a friend - a brilliant piano player, George Mesterhazy - to accompany me. George is an incredible musician and a super nice guy to boot! He came into the project with excitement and all these great ideas, as if we were producing a major record not just a Mom's personal CD for daughter. Together, we created some real magic. I had her picture in front of me as I sang and it was sometimes hard to not get choked up looking into those big brown eyes. We did everything in one take (to save time and money) so it is surely not my best vocal performance. It is my most heartfelt, though. I am just hoping that enough love and feeling got across that maybe, just maybe, she will feel it when she hears it.

No comments: