Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hope & A Blankie


That is what I have today. Our agency is going to Thailand at the end of October and I have hope that we are going to find something out. Maybe it will be our grandest dream and she will come back with a referral. Maybe she will get new pictures of her or an update. Perhaps the social workers will give her a health update and let us know things like if she is walking, talking and developing okay. Or even just tell us how many precious baby teeth she has. Knowing these things would mean EVERYTHING. I think it's a long shot that we would get our referral this soon, but, hey, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! If not November, then I just KNOW we will find something out by the end of the year!
For now, I am shipping some of the care package items we bought for our Ruby and sending to the agency to take with them. Very excited that they said we can now send items specifically for her. We have the most adorable Lil' Silkie blankie from lilamonsters.com. (FYI - they have a great assortment of small and large blankets, many with Asian or vintage patterns. Click on the title of this post to go to their website). Our Ruby was born in the year of the pig so we got a blankie with little pink piggies on it. So sweet I had to post a picture of it. If you double click on it you can get a closer view of the cute, silly, little pigs faces. We slept with it for a week so it had our scent on it. Read somewhere it was a good idea to do that. Also sending some development toys and the puppy and a small rag doll. All things she will be able to bring home with her.
So, today we are sending gifts to our little girl waiting for us on the other side of the planet...with love and with hope.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute this blanket! Ruby will LOVE it!
Mireille

Carey and Norman said...

I too love the adorable, piggy blanket. If you've read our blog this week, you've seen the elephant blankie I bought for our little guy. I am still working on our package, but I hope to send it to Andrea this weekend or next week. Yeah!!

It sounds like you are having fun as well finding items for Ruby! Are you sending any clothes? Just curious.

I look forward to talking soon!

Julie said...

This is so cute. It is so nice you are able to send things. We were not able to and I longed to send little gifts. Hopefully you have news soon
Julie

Emily said...

oooh - I can't wait to hear if you got to send this A-DOR-ABLE blanket and I'm sure lots of other goodies. Praying you get more news soon, like something official or something! Ruby, come home!