Saturday, October 11, 2008

18 Months

That's how old our little girl is today. After yesterday's excitement and news that we are next in line for referral, I find myself surprisingly sentimental today. What is it with these Saturday afternoons? Goodness, I am up and down quicker than a ride at Disney. Mostly good, but sometimes it just blindsides me. I only had to look at the calendar and see the date to get all choked up. Seriously, I thought it was bad when I took fertility drugs! (Okay that really was bad) But still... I'm so emotional sometimes. Must take stock here. We have a beautiful healthy daughter. We know she is being well cared for. She will be with us soon. As I told a fellow adoptive mom today, God is giving us the most precious gift in the world. How can I not have gratitude and patience for a few more months?

Thank you for listening as I think aloud today! :-)

5 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Just think...you'll be able to celebrate her 2nd birthday together!!

Julie said...

The waiting can be so hard. I remeber when we had the long wait for our date to travel to Thailand. Hope it is not too much longer for you.
Julie

Maci Miller said...

Thank you both for your nice comments!
Love,
Jen

Ellie said...

Happy 18 month birthday, Ruby!! May your days be filled with little blessings as you wait. So excited for you and Lily to be home at last!! Hang in there! Your mommy and daddy will be there as soon as they can!

Emily said...

Sweet Jen-
just saw your comment and came to check your blog. Saw it was a bit of a hard weekend as well. I am right there with you, girlfriend. Needing to remind myself of truth and all my blessings - not take the emotional ride. God is near. To you. and to Ruby.