Saturday, October 11, 2008

To-Do-With-My-Baby List

As I mentioned in the "I've Been Tagged" post, I am always doing "to do" lists. So just for silly, happy, daydreaming fun, I have already started thinking of all the things I can't wait to do with our daughter. I can never NOT think of these things as they pop into my head daily. I've never composed this list on paper or typed it out. It's such a part of my every day thoughts it really doesn't need to be written. Still, I thought it would a fun thing to blog about and share today... so here it is! Of course, this is a VERY partial list and things are not necessarily in order.

1. Take her trick or treating and dress her in one of the many adorable costumes out there.
2. Stroll her through the park, through the mall, and yes, the grocery store.
3. Take her shopping!
4. Tuck her in at night and read her a bed time story.
5. Snuggle up on the couch with her, her blankie, her dolls, and Daddy. And the dog, too.
6. Sing her to sleep.
7. Sit on the floor and play with dolls and toys and silly games.
8. Hear her laughter.
9. Stare into those beautiful, big brown eyes. Up close and in person.
10. Watch her with her Daddy.
11. Bath time and getting ready for bed.
12. Show her flowers and leaves and butterflies and nature.
13. Take her to the zoo.
14. Bring her home to meet our family.
15. Dress her in one of the 20+ dresses waiting for her in the closet or those oh-so cute jammies!
16. Feed her, make silly faces, giggle, sing some silly songs together.
17. Take so many pictures of her that she will actually have to tell me stop one day.
18. See her face when she sees snow for the first time or a Christmas tree or a present.
19. See her face light up for anything at all.
20. Okay, just seeing her face. Oh, I said that already.
 Let's just suffice it to say I can't wait to do everything or nothing at all with her! 

I know it won't be easy at first. I know these things will come later, after months of comforting and reassuring her that it's okay. But we will be here together and make it through. There will be sleepless nights and crying and screaming and tantrums. No doubt. We will have taken her away from all she's ever known. But after a few weeks or maybe months she will see how much we love her and we'll build up her trust. She'll know we are her forever family. And we'll have one heck of an amazing life.

1 comment:

Carey and Norman said...

What a fabulous list and one that you will continue to add to as you wait. It is amazing all the firsts you will be able to experience. Even though we might miss the first tooth or first time crawling/walking, you get to see your child experience our food (pizza, ice cream, etc.), our culture, first Halloween, picking pumpkins, first Christmas, and so much more.