Sunday, October 5, 2008

Hope For The Animals & Hope For Me

Today's weather was even more beautiful than yesterday. The leaves are starting to change color, yet it was still sunny and warm. We went to a different park today for our morning walk. We do the annual Hope for the Animals walk with our good friends every year at a much larger park on a lake. So pretty. The turn out this year was 5 times that of previous years. Nice to see. Lots of cats & dogs are going to get good care and go to a great home! Our crew consisted of two couples, 3 dogs, and our friends adorable two children. Loads of kids and dogs there and we met some nice families. One that has an adopted daughter from China and live near by (I couldn't resist the urge today to say hello!) It was the sign I needed that everything is indeed okay and it will be our turn soon. We all had a real nice day.
We found out our agency (Wacap) confirmed their dates of travel to Thailand. They will leave Oct. 20th. They aren't going to the province where our baby is, but they ARE going to see the social worker who will deliver the care package we sent to the agency. That feels good. I want her to hold her little blankie and doll and things and know that somebody loves her. Somebody loves her a WHOLE lot. I feel confident we are going to get some sort of update soon and it gives me a renewed hope and spring in my step. Just a few more weeks and we will know SOME little bit more. I have to stay strong. Just a few more weeks or months to referral. It's getting closer. I can feel it.

For tonight, I will lose myself in our favorite "must see TV" night. Extreme Make-Over Home Edition, Desperate Housewives, and Brothers & Sisters. Sentiment followed by drama at it's best. Add wine plus take out from our favorite sushi joint and you've got a five star night in our house. :-)

1 comment:

Carey and Norman said...

Thanks for posting the travel dates for Andrea. I knew it was soon, but I'm glad to finally have a date. Our care package has been sent to WACAP too, so I'm anxious for ours to go overseas and also receive video and photos in return.

The walk sounded fun. It is nice to do those things now. It helps ease your mind too. I do the same thing about noticing families. I saw a Chinese girl with a Caucasion dad today and I so badly wanted to ask if she was adopted. I didn't, but it still goes through my thoughts. Glad it is normal :o)