Sunday, October 19, 2008

Pins & Needles

This is what I am on today. Two people from Wacap should be in the air right now heading to Thailand. It's so exciting. They will be there all week and should be finding out exactly where we stand. We know we are next and pretty close, but they should be able to find out something a little more concrete. It's an odd thing that after all the good news last week you would think I'd be content for awhile. And I WAS.  For a few days, at least. But now I am just craving more and more info. There is this buzz in the air and so much excitement going on in the Thai adoption world right now. So many are getting their referrals and traveling. Friends I know have also gotten pictures and updates. It's so amazing that not so long ago we were all just sitting around dreaming. Now we know who are children are, how absolutely beautiful they are, and have some idea of when we may see them. It leaves me grateful, overjoyed, in awe, and yet so darn anxious for the next step! Come on referral!!! 

I am dreaming about her again every night. I am also showing great restraint in not buying winter clothes for her until we get our referral. I am so dying to get her a cute winter coat. My mom really wants to get this for her. And besides, I don't know exactly what size she is or if she will definitely be home this winter. I think so, I feel it is so, but better wait to be sure. Maybe a new baby blanket will help control the shopping itch. :-)

4 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

I hope they are able to get some information concerning your referral and timeline for travels to Thailand to meet your precious daughter.

I keep thinking about the trips to Thailand too. ;o)

JiLL said...

Hang in there! We are hoping WACAP also brings back news on two boys (brothers) that we registered interest in. I am trying to keep myself busy, that seems to be the only thing that helps pass the time! I hope you get some good news really soon!

Jessica said...

Jen,
Can't wait for you to hear something. You'd think the anticipation would wane at some point, but it grows and grows doesn't it. Someone told me that when we get that close we'll actually be able to taste it. I believe it! Take care.
Jessica

Ellie said...

Oh, Jen! Hang in there! You will receive news before you know it!!! It does feel like it takes forever, though! I wish I had a dime for every time somebody says to me, "When will you be going to get her?" Isn't it so hard saying, "I don't know."

I am so happy to be getting to know you! I look forward to rejoicing with you when you bring Ruby home!
Love,
ellie