Monday, October 20, 2008

Ruby's Got Wheels!

I broke down. I couldn't help it. I didn't buy clothes at the adorable children's boutique carrying European styles. I didn't buy any clothes for me either. I only picked up one toy at the FABULOUS toy store we fell upon... a cute pink pig hand puppet that oinks!  (I am mildly obsessed with little pink piggies since finding out my daughter was born in the year of the pig.)
Jeff found a soft yellow ducky thing you can freeze for boo-boos. So sweet. 

Still, I passed on the many beautiful Asian dolls the toy store had and didn't buy much as we browsed for hours through Peddlers Village yesterday. It's a quaint country outdoor shopping area LOADED with great stores. But by the time we hit Beyond The Stork I was itching. I bought some cloth diapers in pink. Fuzzi Bunz and Happy Heiny's. Yes, those are actually the names. Supposed to be some of the best cloth diapers. We ordered a stroller and car seat. Hey, we are going to need them. Might as well get them on order now. The store is giving us a discount if we buy them both from there and will let us see them before committing. I was almost out of the store having only purchased the diapers when we came upon THIS:
The Wheely Bug from Prince Lionhart toys. I just looked at Jeff and said, you KNOW we have to get this, right? He liked it, too. So darn cute it was useless to resist! And Jeff knows when I get that look in my eye there is no talking me out of it. So, Ruby Kate, say hello to your new ride!

8 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Love it (the Wheely Bug)...sounds like you've got some great stores nearby!!

Cloth diapers....are you sure? Have you changed runny diapers and really thought about the mess? Will you keep the diapers if you are in public and they get dirty? I could see using them at home, but I promise that you will want to toss the diaper (and often the clothes when you get leakage). I've thrown away a few outfits myself! Just a thought. If you choose to use them, you must let me know your thoughts after a few months.

rosemary said...

Oh my goodness, I love the wheely bug!! It is so cute!

Jessica said...

I think I wouldn't mind my commute if I had one of these!

JiLL said...

Sounds like you picked up a lot of goodies. I love peddlers village, the cock and bull is my favorite place to eat when we go there.

Becca said...

Hi Jen and Jeff. We brought our daughter home from Thailand in December of last year and I found your blog linked from another Thai adoption blog. I'm sure the Wheely Bug will be a huge hit!! Our daughter LOVES it!

Anonymous said...

I was also surprised to read about the cloth diapers?? But hey, you have to try it out...I guess ;-)
It didn't even cross my mind with twins. I LOVE LOVE the ladybug, good choice!! That's my girl ;-)
Mireille

Missy said...

I just wanted to say "hi". We are adopting from Taiwan. I saw your link on another blog. We also live in PA (near Reading).

Jane said...

Hi! Just wanted to say that I use Happy Heiny's and I LOVE them! Disposables are great for convenience but they're really not good for the environment or for babies.