Sunday, November 2, 2008

Baby's Got Gear




Well, a few more things off the to do list! Got our gear, stocking the medicine cabinet, learning more sign language. Our stroller and car seat came in and we LOVE them!

The Bugaboo Bee is everything I hoped it would be. Super cute, extremely easy to fold and unfold, turns on a dime. You can have the baby facing you or away (which is also easy to do), there is a storage area underneath, and it's sturdy, yet lightweight. We are thrilled with it. Been drooling over it for nearly a year. (Yes, I went from drooling over bags and shoes to going ga-ga for strollers! MY how things change!) Okay, truth be told, I still go crazy for a great pair of shoes.

We also love our Recaro car seat that exactly matches with the interior of my car, however we will see how giddy we are when we have to actually install it! LOL. I think I might be busy that day. (And no, we did not just choose the Recaro because it matches. I did loads of research on safety, reliability, reputation, etc. The look is just a plus!) Jeff got himself a nice Daddy carrier, too. I love my fashionable Hot Slings, but I must admit the Ergo Carrier looks WAY more comfortable. We might be sharing that!

I am focusing on all the practical stuff now. I made a list (and consulted friends) on all the little things I will need. Got a couple more diapers. Check. Need some hemp liners. Need to wash all new diapers a few times. Have to pick up Pedialite, Children's Tylenol, and a big thing of 7th Generation wipes. Waiting a little longer to get that stuff since it could expire or dry out. Need to get a Davies Gate Boo Boo stick yet. My friend Sonia swears by it. She also recommends Resistance Builder drops by California Baby. California Baby bath stuff is great, too. I have actually used it myself for my super sensitive skin. Have a lot of the other sensitive stuff, but this one I like the best. So I got a couple for the baby's bathroom and also ordered some all natural teething gel (Hylands Homeopathic). If anyone has some great products they love (especially natural remedies or organic) I would love to hear from you! 

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I stumbled upon your blog via a comment you left on another blog...so if that was not confusing enough...LOL...I have not read through everything yet, but am enjoying the positive and upbeat tone of your posts!
Congratulations on your daughter and I hope to follow along as you prepare to travel to bring her home!
Please stop by our blog if time allows. We have a daughter adopted in 2003 from Kazakhstan and are currently adopting an infant boy from Taiwan. We have been so blessed and I try to capture some of that in my blog ramblings!
Best of luck to you all!
Lisa C.
www.destination-taiwan.blogspot.com

Julie said...

Hi,
Not sure if you can get them there, but we took Homeopathic no-jet lag pills and they were great. I always use them for long hall trips now. I also took a pre-blended aromatherpay oil sleep ease. I used it at bath time for Panit and she slept well from day one. Email me if (julieparker
_290@fsmail.net) you have any questions
Julie

Ellie said...

Hi, Jen! When my kids were babies, a must have was the California Baby Calming Non-Talc Powder! I found it was the BEST for diaper rash! I'll let you know if I think of anything else!
ellie

Carey and Norman said...

Love all the baby items you find. You have great taste!! As far as the Ergo, it was the best item purchased prior to our Russian adoption beside a kid's mp3 player. I used the Ergo every day in Russia and found it to be a huge blessing!! The kid's mp3 player (Little Tikes) plays kids nursery rhymes. Since it also has a smaller headset, it can be used with an iPod if you buy music in country. We d/l Russian lullabies which we found very helpful for the flight home. Just another thought.