Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Yin & Yang

Today my husband & I celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary. We've actually been together for 16 years now.  Met in April of '92, moved to Philly together 6 months later, got engaged shortly thereafter, and well, the rest is history! Through ups and downs, good and bad, sickness and health, busy careers, PMS, fertility, and adoption...he has been there for me and vice verse. He is my best friend and the first person I go to in times of great joy and equally in times of bad news or stress. We don't always agree on every topic. He is voting for McCain today and I am voting for Obama (as much as I tried to sway him). He is more of a homebody while I love to go out do things more. He is more cautious and practical (thank God) and I am more spontaneous. He's good with money, and, well, if you read my blog often you can tell I would spend it or give it all away! The thing is we are the yin and yang. Two energies that couldn't exist without the other. Two people that give something to the other that wasn't there before. Intertwined and interdependent, each giving to each other in turn.

Jeff brings me back down to earth when I am going off on one of my newest "great ideas" and I get him to loosen up and do something spontaneous (like a weekend in Vegas we have coming up!) and have more fun. Together, we balance each other out and work through life's big and small crisis. Sure we clash now and again. What couple doesn't? But he is my heart and soul and the one I could never live without. He's an incredible person and is going to be an amazing father. (Happy Anniversary, honey! I love you with all my heart!)

PS: We got an email back from the USCIS office stating they have our approved I-600A and that processing can take 14-30 days. Okay, well at least we know it's there and we can plan for the extra days. And 30 days is much easier than 60!

NOTE: I am adding an amendment here because there has been some confusion on the post script above. Both our parents asked if we were getting our daughter in 14-30 days (we wish) and a few of you have congratulated us. Not that is isn't good news, but I think I worded it wrong. What I meant is just that the USCIS office in Bangkok emailed us back to confirm they received our approved I-600A form. That just means it got to the office and will be waiting for us when we get there. The 14-30 days is the time they are allowed to take to process our documents once in Thailand and after the board meeting there. Most cases aren't taking that long, but it's good to know so we can plan for it...just in case!

9 comments:

Kam said...

Jenn, Happy Anniversary! Hope you have a wonderful day! And great news about the USCIS! I emailed Andrea today and asked several questions about the process and what we can expect next. Not timelines...I know that can't really say how long things will take. But just the order of things and how it should all work for us from here on out. Will let you know what I find out.
Blessings to you today!
Kam

rosemary said...

You guys sound like us. Brian and I have a total "opposites attract" marriage but it really works for us.

Congratulations to you both!

Anonymous said...

a little like your mom and dad jeff we wish you both a happy anniversary hope you make it as long as us 46 years i think jeff maybe in 36 more years you can teach your wife who to vote for she will be sorry with the big O and joe da biden how bout them philles 24 more and they will match the yankees

Ellie said...

Congratulations on your 13 married years!! And congratulations on your I-600 approval! One step closer to little Ruby!

Chris and Terri said...

Enjoying your blog - love that stroller - Have a great Anniversary! Your habits sound like us - I spend - he tells me when it would be a good idea to stop!

Carey and Norman said...

Happy Anniversary. How wonderful to be able to celebrate 13 years together! And, yes, opposites attract :o)

Carey and Norman said...

P.S. Congrats on the I-600 approval.

Mireille said...

Congratulations you love birds! Up to a lot more years together. The next will be as a family of 3...and maybe even more!!
I am glad for the good news on the adoption front, this is like the icing on the cake for your celebration!!

Maci Miller said...

Thanks, everyone for the well wishes!