Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Random Pics, Random Joy

A few pics I have wanted to post and talk about and didn't have time... each with a little story.
This is my cutie pie little brother, David. Oh, how sweet he is! This was taken on a recent visit and as you can see he is quite fond of his Winnie The Pooh. Evidently I got it for him (he told me I did) which I have no recollection of. It was at least 6 years ago..maybe even 10! He remembers EVERYTHING whereas I can't really tell you what I had for lunch the other day. LOL! He just kept hugging it and saying "Look Sissy, I'm kissin' on it!" Too cute.

This is my hubby holding the most gigantic leaf I have ever seen. It was almost as big as the pumpkin! It was taken a few weeks ago before the cold came in and took all the leaves and pretty color with it. Ah, well, we still have the photos!

This is my gorgeous cat Max with some white "Peace" roses from my garden. Now the funny thing is that they JUST BLOOMED. I took the photo today, but also had a few bloom before I left for FL. I went out this past Spring to find (for the first time) 5 whole rose buds. I maybe got 2 all last year and here I was with 5 flowering roses at once! So I was really excited by this and pulled out my gardening tools and rose food to prune and care for my dear rose bush. I was determined to really keep up with it and make it better than ever. WELL, it seems nature does a FAR better job without my interference! I killed the poor thing! A few branches died and it didn't bloom again until until the last few weeks. It has few leaves and is just a few tall stray branches. But, low and behold, there are some roses at the end of them! Unbelievable! I just had to tell someone...I mean look at the state of this bush (below) and how it is still blooming. See that? Miracles happen every day. And it could also said that less messing with nature may be best...at least in my case! LOL.

No comments: