Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Weekly Inspiration

Today I went searching for a quote on TRUST. I have been feeling much better the last few days. Nothing like the sun and sand and ocean to make a girl remember how vast and amazing this universe is. I remembered to TRUST in a higher power and the system in place. I remembered how disappointed I was that my singing career didn't go as far as I wanted it to and I gave up so easily. Then I thought about how strong my marriage is and how my constant traveling and fame might have put a strain on it. I thought about my struggles with getting pregnant, the acupuncture, the fertility drugs, the hope, the disappointments...only to realize how absolutely perfect it all worked out for us. I can't imagine myself pregnant now and going through that. I can't imagine loving a child more than I already love our precious girl..even before meeting her! We are both so glad it turned out this way and we are going to be this beautiful girl's parents!

One quote I have always loved is: What would you do if you did not fear? And another I love is from a paper weight a dear friend gave me...What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail? My gosh, the possibilities would be endless! And so I add to those: What would you do if you actually trusted that God will work it all out? Trusted that you are in exactly the right place where you should be and that this will all make sense later? What if you remembered that everything you dreamt of is just around the corner and all you have to do is be thankful, patient, and trust that it is coming?  So I didn't find any other TRUST quote on the net to share with you today. Nothing said what I felt exactly so I give you only the random thoughts pouring out of my head and heart. Hope it is inspiring!

Oh, and PS: When I start whining or boo-hooing again in the coming months (cause I'm sure I will) please refer me to this post!!! :-)

2 comments:

rosemary said...

Great encouragement. Thanks! Glad you're feeling better.

Carey and Norman said...

Glad you are finding strength and encouragement in unexpected places as you wait.

I'm starting to have second thoughts on our decision. Especially after reading your post :o( It has been a hard two weeks of ups and downs. I guess when there is a particular child you wish to adopt, it is harder to walk away.

Thinking of you and wishing you peace through the holidays as you wait!!