Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Well, after a busy month of travel I am finally home. It feels so good, I don't even mind the cold! Tomorrow we are going to do some Christmas shopping and maybe get a tree. I am determined to not focus on what we don't have this holiday (our baby) and focus on what we do (each other). As hard as that can be at times, I just have to be strong. Our little girl is strong enough to survive everything she has already endured in her young life. I can toughen up and be more patient.We will have so many wonderful holidays with her and have so much to look forward to! For this year, we will have a somewhat quiet, relaxed, maybe even romantic Christmas and a small party with our immediate family at the house on Christmas eve. Looking forward to it.

In the meantime, there is shopping, decorating, helping others in need, taking my Mom to NYC to see Rockefeller Center an the big tree there, and getting together with friends and family. Bet this month will go by as quickly as last month. One more month closer to Ruby!

Pics from my travels coming next.

5 comments:

Wyndee said...

Hello- I'm the mother of a daughter adopted from Thailand, and I enjoy reading about your adoption process. I know how frustrating and heartbreaking that long wait can be, but believe me, once your daughter is home with you then all of those lonely moments worrying about her will become a distant memory. Hang in there!

Wyndee
http://warneson.blogspot.com/

Maci Miller said...

Thank you so much, Wyndee. I so appreciate your comment!
Jen

Jessica said...

Welcome home, Jen. You just keep singing that sweet baby home! Santa's elves MUST be busy working on our wish lists.

rosemary said...

You are so right about how strong are kids are in surviving all that they've been through. It really humbles me to think about it.

Maci Miller said...

Thanks, Jess. And hey...how do we get rush order on with Santa's elves???