Monday, December 29, 2008

A Nice Evening, A New Friend


One of the cool things in life is our supposed coincidences.  I say "supposed" because I don't really believe in them. I feel like everything happens for a reason. When I booked the auto show in Indianapolis I wasn't thrilled. Glad for the work, yes. (I won't be working when Ruby gets here so it's good for both my mind and my wallet to stay busy). And God knows how I love to shop! Still, I was kind-of kicking myself for taking a job requiring me to get up at 4:30 am to catch a 7:20 flight the day after Christmas. With a full house. But I thought, well, I should take it. 

Shortly thereafter, I found out a fellow mom and blogger, Ellie, lives there and we would have the chance to meet! Our daughters are from the same orphanage and we hope someday the girls will get a chance to meet and become friends as we have. She and her husband drove down to meet me and we had a wonderful evening. A great dinner, great conversation, and we could have talked for hours more had we had the time. Isn't it funny how life works sometimes? I really think it's no accident who we get to meet. I have stumbled onto all of your blogs or you found mind for a reason. We each have something to share. To give. Even if it's just knowing that there is someone out there that really knows exactly how you feel. I am so very glad for that and the miraculous ways we are there for each other!

One last thing I'd like to mention is Ellie's thoughtfulness. She gave me the sweetest, most thoughtful gifts! I was very touched.  3 great books that are all about characters named Ruby and a personalized necklace. A silver disc that has Ruby Kate engraved on it! I haven't taken it off since. A really special thing and a great new friend. How lucky am I? (Thanks, Ellie!)

1 comment:

Ellie said...

So very nice to meet you!!! I look forward to hearing your news VERY soon!!! Let me know as soon as you hear anything about your impending trip to Ruby! :)