Saturday, December 27, 2008

A Very Merry Christmas

Me and the Moms all dressed in our holiday brights!
Me & Mom in the kitchen. You can't see it in the pic but my apron says "Domestic Diva". A b-day gift from my mother in law. 

My brother Dave (im)patiently waiting for dinner. Don't let the cute smile fool ya! Note the serious candles I had going at the table...won't be having those next year!

Melissa and my adorable nephew, Ryan.
I got to steal him for a minute!

My brother Jason passing the presents to Ryan to hand out to everyone. 

Wow, what a really nice Christmas we had. Last month I feared I'd be all emotional and it would be the worst ever, but you know what? It was actually one of the best! Having all of the family down this week has been great. I love a full house. I love having our coffee and breakfast together, hearing the kitchen buzzing before I even get up. I loved seeing my Mom and Jeff's Mom working together in the kitchen Christmas day. I loved seeing my  3 year old nephew and my brother Dave's  face light up as they opened their presents. I love a full dinner table with all of my loved ones gathered around it. A house filled with music and talking and laughter. It's just wonderful. My Mom and David, Jeff's Mom & Dad, my Brother Jason, his wife Melissa, her Mom, Marie, and our nephews Anthony and Ryan all were over for Christmas eve. It's been awhile since I made dinner for that many and I was relieved that it turned out good! At least every one seemed to like it! :-) On Christmas day, Jeff's Mom, LaRae, made us a big traditional dinner - even pumpkin pie! Our neighbors, Al & Sylvette, who are like family to us came over and joined us. It was fantastic and everyone had such a good time.

LaRae & Mom whipping up something good!

Woody, LaRae, Jeff (back row) showing Sylvete & Al the Elfyourself video I made for them.

I am so grateful for our family. One of the most special things about this holiday was that everyone remembered Ruby this year. She may not be with us yet, but BOY, was she there in spirit. Everyone is very excited to welcome her into the family and it really means so much to us. My Mom got her the most adorable fuzzy coat, two gorgeous outfits, a book, and a stuffed puppy dog. My brother got her a sweet Asian baby doll. The antique rocker that Jeff's parents gave us is BEAUTIFUL and looks great in the living room. Of course, it will look a whole lot nicer once our sweet pea is in it! Can you believe that something Jeff's grandfather played in as a kid is still in great shape and ready for our little one to bounce and glide around in? They sure don't make them like that anymore! 

I got 2 beautiful pictures of our Ruby blown up and put in frames for the grandparents. They really loved them. I got the pictures from a mom that picked up her son from the same orphanage a few months back. We are so lucky to have these beautiful pictures of our little girl that this mom gave to us and so great to share with our parents.

Our Christmas Cards to each other and the pretty flower arrangement Jeff got me.

Jeff & I always get stockings for each other. We've been doing this ever since our first year together when he surprised me with a stocking with my name on it. So cute. Another thing is we always have a card for one another. (I keep every single one in a big box we will look through one day when we are old.) We opened our cards Christmas morning to find they were almost identical! Same color, same snowflake on the front, almost the same wording. Obviously made by the same company. The only difference was that mine said "For My Wife" and his said "For My Husband". Even what we wrote was similar! We both hand wrote something like "2009 is our year...this year's going to be great...the year we get our baby!" How cute is that? How I love that man. We are still in synch after all these years. Sometimes I still have to pinch myself. We often will get dressed to go out somewhere and be in the same color. We just look at each other and go, okay, who's changing? 

Me & The Hubby being silly. 

Anyway, before I make you all sick I will stop with my mushy couple stories! I am in Indianapolis now for an auto show. The holidays left me a bit tired and I'm looking forward to getting some rest here. AND going back to the gym and eating normal food. Meaning meals not including Christmas cookies, chocolate, pies, and bread! Hope you all had a wonderful holiday and will have a happy, happy new year! A new year filled with a little ones laughter and lots of hugs and smiles!

4 comments:

rosemary said...

So glad you had a fantastic holiday! It's wonderful that everyone remembered Ruby! I know that must mean the world to you guys.

Ellie said...

So very sweet! You two are going to be an amazing pair, as parents! Looking forward to tomorrow night!

Carey and Norman said...

Sounds like you had a magical Christmas. I'm so glad! Loved hearing about your families and how similar you and Jeff can be. How truly perfect!! Loved that everyone kept Ruby in their thoughts for the holidays too!

Merry Christmas!!

Jessica said...

Glad your Christmas was so special! Sounds lovely. Stay warm in Indy!