Sunday, December 7, 2008

Snowy Morning

Woke up to a dusting of white and thinking about another dream. This time it wasn't Jeff or myself, but a good friend that dreamt we got the news of our baby. So hoping it's a sign! 

We had a great time last night. Had dinner with some good friends for a (belated) birthday celebration for my big 4-0. Went to a nice Indian restaurant nearby. My curry was amazing! I just love spicy food. So good to see these friends and it was especially nice of them to come out on such a cold, cold, snowy night! This morning there is still a bit left on the ground. It's SOOOO COLD today and I am not much of a fan of that, but it does look very pretty so I took a few shots from inside the front door...

Look at my little "model" posing on the porch!
Chloe...such a good little doggie.

What a nice weekend we have had so far. Yesterday morning before it got REALLY cold, we bundled up and took the dog for a walk in the park. Then we came home and plopped on the couch for a few blissfully lazy hours and watched TV. Jeff had taped one of our favorite shows - Extreme Make-Over Home Edition. They were the best 2 episodes ever! Both tear jerkers, but so beautiful! Both about subjects near and dear to our hearts. One was a family with 2 special needs kids and a local guy with Cerebral Palsey that not only handled his condition, but also married, had kids, and started his own coffee shop that employs all people with SN's. It was so amazing. The second one was about a family that adopted 8 kids from Haiti & US. Their love and dedication to their children was beautiful and inspiring.  So great to see a show on TV that gives back to the community and at the same time makes people aware of what great things people can do when they open their hearts. We are absolutely addicted this show!

We have our friends' kids birthday party today so another good day in store. Will post more pics tomorrow. Hope you all are having a great weekend & staying warm!

4 comments:

Ellie said...

Jen,
Boy, both of those Extreme Makeover Home Ed. shows sound really good! Sorry I missed them.

It's funny to me, to hear you talk about your snow! :) It's cute to think of a dusting like you got keeping anybody in! We've had a windchill below zero for the past few days, but that doesn't stop my kids from playing out in the snow! (We don't have too much, either, but a lot compared to your pics :) My sister in Wisconsin said they have about 12 inches so far, and it doesn't melt there! They've been sledding a lot.

Enjoy your cozy weekend with Jeff and the dog & cat!

Maci Miller said...

LOL, Ellie! I don't know how I've lived in the North East this long cause I hate the cold! I told Jeff I am like a Thai...I get chilly when it dips below 70! I remember one year going to Thailand and it was unusually cool for them - let's say 68 to early 70's F. They were so cute, running around the city in sweaters and jackets while I had on a tee thinking it was so nice and warm! I can now handle it dipping into the 50's and 60's but after that I am seriously bundled up!! I'll still go out but I will have a lot of layers on! :-)

Emily said...

Happy (belated) birthday! Praying this is your sweetest year yet!

Carey and Norman said...

I saw the Extreme makeovers too and they both were tear jerkers. I loved them both...what wonderful families.

The snow looks beautiful. We had a little dusting last week..not usually expected this early in the year.