Friday, January 9, 2009

True Confession

I am really a type A personality. (Okay, those that know me are laughing right now going REALLY? You think?) I have to be busy, active, productive, etc. Perfect for my new life with baby, right? I am sure we will not have a dull moment! :-) The thing is I handle pressure far better than sitting around. I am really so much happier being able to DO (ei: control) something to move things along than to sit back and wait and hope and wait some more. So, yes, I am tired , but I feel good. Mission(s) accomplished! Here's what I am happy about today...

1. Yesterday we found the last address we needed for the Child Abuse Clearance. Jeff's address from 16 years ago. Thanks to his Dad who has a sharper memory than I!
2. Jeff filled in the info, signed, and sent of the form so one more thing DONE.
3. Got my VERY hairy animals groomed and cut short yesterday, lest everything I own continue to be sprinkled with fur! They look so cute all buzzed down but that cat is NOT thrilled. Still hiding. Will have to post a pic on here later. 
4. Got tire fixed on car and it only took 45 minutes. Just enough time to make some calls and check email!
5. Got nails, toes, and brows done. I love the people a the mall salon where I go. They are excited to meet our girl someday (even though I think they wish I was adopting from Vietnam since that is where they are from).  I told them, if sometime soon I disappear for a few months it's because I am either in Thailand or adjusting to life with a toddler! I told them when I do come back there will be probably be nothing but stubs where my nails used to be! They laughed and said, it's okay, we fix you up and paint your daughter's nails, too! Too cute. 
6. Found a great pair of cute but VERY comfortable shoes for auto show. You can not imagine how important this is until you stand on your feet in heels for 15 days straight. Priceless!
7. Finished laundry and started packing. Still have to finish that packing today.
8. Ordered my skin care online a few days ago and it got her just in time for my trip.
9. FINALLY, entered all the names in to invite to blog! Hope you all got here without too much trouble. I hate being private as I am not too private a person at all. But when it comes to our baby, I will have to be. I'm dying to put her pic on here, but am still going to hold out a little until we get our referral and possible until we get to Thailand. Just don't want to do anything that could mess things up. Especially when we are so close now.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day! Thanks for following our journey!
Jen

2 comments:

Wyndee said...

Oh, I LOVE hearing about how close you are to bringing your daughter home!!! Just reading your posts takes me back to the excitement/nervousness of that time right before Sophie's referral and travel date. Best wishes, and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that your referral will come soon!!!

Wyndee

Kam said...

So happy to see you are marking things off of your list! And packing!?! How stinkin' exiciting that must be!!!!

I can't wait to "watch" you go! Take care and keep the faith! I'm praying for Ruby!

Love and hugs~