Monday, February 2, 2009

Aaa-choo!



Well, the winter weather and my crazy schedule has gotten the best of me. Really, it was probably from all those sleepless nights in Detroit that got me run down, but I like to blame it on winter. It's just too cold!! I've got a really bad flu/cold and it had me in bed all day on Saturday. Urrrgh. I had to take a day off of the Philadelphia Auto Show on the first public day. Been taking O-doses of Emergen-C and started antibiotics. I finally feel a bit better today, thank God!

The good news is Jeff got home on Saturday and was such a sweetheart. Totally took care of me. Ran out and got me hot soup and teas and nasal spray. I knitted half a scarf while laying around unable to breathe and watched a great old movie with Jimmy Stuart and Grace Kelly called Rear Window. Fantastic film. It's a classic and I always wanted to see it. 

It's so nice having Jeff home and working a show from home so we can be together. There's nothing better than snuggling up next to him on the couch...even on football night. :-)


9 comments:

Jessica said...

Jenn,
I'm commiserating with you on this one. I spent Sun in bed sniffling and sneezing. But, I can't blame in on the weather. It's supposed to be 78 here today. Feel better soon.

Kam said...

Oh Jen, I sure hope you feel better soon! Will say a prayer for you today! :D

Ellie said...

Aww, Jen! Sorry to hear about your illness!! We've been passing the flu around this house the past week! Yuck!

I am addicted to that Emergen-C! It's the best! Even on a normal morning, drinking it gives me a burst of energy! Love it!!

Carey and Norman said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon! Been thinking about you and hoping that you'd heard news. I haven't been blogging lately as we were taking a break away from adoption.

Loved the pink headphones in the previous post too!!

Jess and Paul said...

It has been a terrible year for illness! I hope you feel better soon!!!

Julie said...

Poor you. Panit has had cold this week too and is teething. I feel so sorry for her. And now my hsuband seems to have caught a bad case of man flu just in time for the long weekend here! Hope you feel better soon
Julie

Mireille said...

Oh..poor you, I feel for you. Hope you are better soon!

Glen and Andrea said...

Sorry to hear you are sick. Take care of yourself - I hope you feel better soon!

rosemary said...

Jen - You've never been gone this long! I'm worried you have pneumonia.