Sunday, March 29, 2009

Car Safety 101


This is Officer Brook. To me, it's just Aunt Lu (LuAnna). Lu is police officer and certified to teach child car seat safety. She offered to help not only install the car seat, but also to teach me about car safety.
Baby's brand new car seat. Ready for the Cuteness herself to hop in and take a ride! I also have to add that the hubby cleaned my car out and made it SPOTLESS. Now if I can just keep it that way!

Here are a few things I learned.
1. Get that car seat properly installed! The 5 point harness system is the best.
2. Use Latch system AND tether when necessary. Always check car owner's manual.
3. Do NOT have your child wear a thick coat while in seat (especially a puffy coat). It gives the
strap too much give and is not safe. Layer their clothes and use blanket in car. Put coat on when you arrive at your destination safely.
4. Forget the toys, mirrors, and things hanging around the car. These could be very dangerous in the event of an accident. Believe it or not, I hadn't bought any!
5. Read instruction full car seat instruction manual and safety instruction in cars owner's manual.
 6. Have a great Aunt like mine help you out! (okay I added that one myself!)

Thanks, Lu!

3 comments:

Ellie said...

What a clean car you have! That WILL change in a few months! :) Looks like you're all set!

Jessica said...

Love it. Go Aunt Lu! Could you BE any more ready?

Maci Miller said...

That's what I was thinking, Jess! Just need that referral!!! Actually, I DO still have baby gates cluttering the hall than need put up and cabinet locks put on.