Thursday, April 2, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

Well, I sure am getting a lot of culture, these days! Loving it! Last weekend was the Festival of Many Lands, this weekend is the Cherry Blossom Festival, and all week I have been working Japanese/Cherry Blossom related events leading up to the big festival on Sunday. Plus I go into the studio Mon and Tuesday to finally record songs for my new lullaby CD so I'm rehearsing around the clock! I am SO excited about this project. Wrote an original tune to include on the CD and it has been very well received by the few people that have heard it so far. Will post on here when it is recorded and in final form. It feels so good to be singing and creating again. Never realized how much I missed it! Now, I still want to be a Mommy, first and foremost, but it's good to brush up the chops and sing now and then.

Speaking of which, I have some rehearsing to do! I leave you with a few pics from today's Kimono presentation. They decided to use me for a model (don't laugh). I REALLY wanted to say yes, only if I get to wear the really pretty pink or the green and orange one...but, no, they gave me this one and I was too polite to say anything. They were so excited for me to wear it so I just went along with it. It was fun and interesting to see how they dress you in one. It's more comfortable than I imagined, but you have to "walk like through water" (in their words) because you have to take small graceful steps in it because of the way it fits.  Hoping to find a cute little one to buy Ruby on Sunday at the main event.

Now here is the REAL model. How gorgeous is this little girl????

I'll answer that...VERY! 

And look at this little one...is she cute or what?

Fun day looking at all the cute kiddos dressing up...and playing a little dress-up myself!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Nothing shouts spring like cherry blossoms. I love them (and have been known to nab a few from my neighbor's tree). Have fun at the festival. You look great as always.

Ellie said...

You're gorgeous!! Laurel had saved money to buy a special something when we went to Disney last year. She is so good, holding on to that money, not making any spur of the moment decisions. She knew what she REALLY wanted... a kimono from Japan at Epcot. She LOVES that thing! Insisted that she wear it for her school picture this year.

Carey and Norman said...

Love the Komono. Glad you are staying busy and I cannot wait to hear the CD (make sure to count me in for one)!!

rosemary said...

You look beautiful and those little ones in the tiny kimonos are adorable! I love the cherry blossoms too - make me so thankful for spring.