Sunday, March 8, 2009

Knitting And Other Strange New Habits

No one is as surprised as me that I like knitting. I laughed at the friend that suggested we try it. I was like I'M 40, NOT 90! I was highly impatient and annoyed the first time I tried it. I decided immediately it was NOT for me. Now here I am hooked. (No pun intended). I am almost done with my 3rd project and LOVING it! I do it before bed, I take it on the plane with me, I pull it out when I'm waiting at the airport...it's strange! Here is a peak at my work. Those pretty roses...they are, uh, just an expression of my creativity. Yea, that's it. They had nothing at all to do with holes that needed covering up or anything. :-)

So here it is...a baby blanket for my baby's dolls.

A closer look.

My second project. A pretty aqua blue scarf that actually had no holes!
Here it is all wrapped up and ready to go! Gave it to my sweet neighbor, Sylvette, who always watches our animals when we are away.
This is my newest creation in the works. Now before you think I am just way advanced, I must confess and say that the yarn comes this way. No fancy switching colors by me! This will be for our little Mod girl Ruby next winter. It will eventually have fringe or pom-poms or something on it. Jeff was all excited when I started it. He was like AW, that will look so cute on her! You'll have to make her a matching hat, too! Yea. Um, sure honey. God bless him for having such confidence in me! Anyone, know how to make a hat????

Other strange new habits include walking around with a baby sling full of weights, talking to myself in Thai, learning more things on the computer than I have time for and I've become quite the little scrapbooker. Nesting? Or adoption process madness? You decide.

3 comments:

Ellie said...

You go, girl!! One of my sisters loves knitting and crocheting! Before you know it, you'll be making that hat! My sis now makes slippers!?!

rosemary said...

So funny. I also have the knitting bug. I'm slower than you though. I just finished my first scarf but mine is worsted weight and has A LOT of holes so I'm keeping it as a dog walking scarf. I'm starting my second project, a baby blanket now. We'll see how it turns out.

christina said...

walking around with weights in a sling is not a strange habit. I did the exact same thing. I had a 25# bag of lead weight in my sling and conditioned my body, especially the back for when we went to China. It helped tremendously. When we got M she was 21#s so she actually felt a bit lighter so it turned out to be easier to carry her than I thought. I'd walk around with the bag and the sling and her picture taped to the front to keep me motivated. I practiced things like using the bathroom with it on (in case she wouldn't let me put her down), sitting in the car strapping it on and off, and also doing some light cleaning/cooking. I tried knitting, it didn't go too well. I prefer to have friends knit for me for a trade of handmade cards.