Friday, March 6, 2009

My Little Girl Mod


Oh, how beautiful she is. Her sweet smile that we finally see. The soft expression in her eyes. Her curious nature and how very lovely everyone that has met her says she is. This is what makes the wait so much easier to take and warms my heart! I can't wait till we are allowed to show you all these pictures. For now, it's just a little glimpse. Our local contact in Thailand got to visit her on Wed. They let her see our sweet daughter and take pictures and talk with her! These pictures show her personality so much and she is darling! How lucky we are! And how incredible how happy she looks.

I know that orphanage life is not ideal. I know that we want her home NOW. But the truth is, she is being VERY well cared for. The orphanage is SPOTLESS clean in every picture we have seen of the place and the mom that was just there said they take great pride in that. Our daughter has a beautiful little dress on in every pic, her hair combed nice, all the kids looking well kept and clean and happy. Most of all, the nannies look kind and loving and we know they are doing their absolute best for those children. I can't wait to hug each and every one of them and thank them for their hard work and dedication. I wrote a letter for them which I am going to have my friend translate to Thai and take along. But, gosh, how do you even thank someone enough for doing that kind of work day in and day out and then have to say goodbye to those you cared for? I can't imagine. If anyone has thought of some good ideas of gifts to get them, please share. One fellow mom and good friend, Mireille, came up with a great idea for the birthmother...a silver locket with her picture in it. I LOVE this idea and am planning to get one soon. I wrote her a thank you note too and it was not easy. Still, I think it turned out okay and hope she will get it.

We got it confirmed from our contact that the orphanage said we could get her any day as far as they were concerned. This tugs at my heart since I am DYING to go get her, but at least we know the file has made it to Bangkok and is probably with the SW now. This is good news. We found out she has a hearing aid in one ear, the poor thing, but we are not too worried. We know she is totally healthy and normal otherwise and we will get her the best care available for her ear. She can hear fine out of one so that is good. 

We also found out she got all the things we sent and has seen our pictures. This is so amazing to think about! She knows we are out here! She knows someone loves her and that we are coming for her! At least as far as the 2 year old mind can comprehend, I guess. But for today, it is enough to put a smile on my face. 

The Thai all have nick-names and hers is Mod. It means ant in Thai so perhaps she was quite the crawler and got into everything?? :-) Who knows. We think she looks like a little model and hey, she will be quite the modern dressed little thing if I have anything to do with it! So yea...my little girl, Mod. She has my whole heart and soul. It is a long wait for her, but oh so worth it.

9 comments:

Ellie said...

I LOVE that her nickname is "Mod"!! So precious!!

dawn said...

I love ger nickname too. Both my girls have nicknames, actually I hardly ever use their real names...unless I am cross with them. LOL

Carey and Norman said...

Glad you got an update on your girl. She looks adorable in the photo so I can only imagine being able to see the full shot. I know getting these glimpses is so helpful during your wait. I'm so glad that you are getting so close to bringing her home and that she is being taken care of so well in the meantime.

Love the nickname, Mod. So cute that you got this information. Maybe a little nickname for you once home too.

Thinking of you and hoping to see news of travel soon!!

Mireille said...

Precious Mod, so cute with her red dress on the red chair! Cute picture eventhough we only see a glimpse. Already so many people are looking out for her and hoping to see full view soon!

rosemary said...

I love her little hand! I just want to squeeze it! I truly hope you guys get that referral and can go and bring your daughter home ASAP! I know you guys are going to do a great job taking care of all her needs.

Julie said...

So glad you have new photos and some more information. Hope you have news of travel soon.
Julie

Chris and Terri said...

It must be so great to get all the updates! You guys are lucky in that respect. Hopefully, you're on the March 11th meeting "agenda" and you'll get the best news!!! Little Mod looks amazing!

Jessica said...

Your beautiful baby! Glad for the good updates and pictures for you and her to treasure.

Kam said...

Jen I'm so glad that you got this update and pictures! What a blessing! She looks beautiful and her skin looks so soft! Sweet baby girl!

I'm so glad that WACAP is going to visit her orphanage this time! Whew! I remember how hard that was for you in October and maybe this update will be all you need to tide you over! Surely good news and a referral are coming your way soon!

I'm praying for the three of you all the time and am expecting great things for you!

hugs~

ps. I LOVE her nickname...and I'm dying to know what Joel's is!